Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Girls camps lakewood

gomom!

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:25 am
Hi I’m trying to get some info abt girls camps in Lkwd. Has anyone sent to Leeba or neranina that can chime in? Any info on these camps is welcome! I literally have no clue abt them and no one to ask.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:39 am
I heard super things about neranina. Spoke to the owner once and she really sounded nice and on top of things. I know that camp fills up fast and it might be hard to get in if you wait too long. (That happened to us 2 years ago)

Leeba is a good camp but I heard that it’s a little over the top and attracts an elite crowd. I was worried about middos and chose not to send there even though many of my DD’s friends were going.

gomom!

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 10:46 am
Ok thanks. I def don’t want to send to an elite over the top camp. I keep hearing good things about neranina so maybe I’ll apply there.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:18 pm
Neranina is a really nice camp
I like that they cap the number of campers so it isn’t a huge camp (still very big). But it is hard to get in because of that.
It’s not over the top compared to other camps but there are still a lot of giveaways and ice cream and slush.
It’s a typical girly Lakewood camp but I do think they do a drop more outdoor activities then other camps.

(Camp is such a pain. I have 2 great camps I’d like to send to But my girls need to go with at least one friend - it gets confusing. If I miss the returning camper deadline I’m pretty certain they are not in)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 6:57 pm
My daughter said the mean kids from all schools go to Leeba I

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 7:47 pm
sky wrote:
Neranina is a really nice camp
I like that they cap the number of campers so it isn’t a huge camp (still very big). But it is hard to get in because of that.
It’s not over the top compared to other camps but there are still a lot of giveaways and ice cream and slush.
It’s a typical girly Lakewood camp but I do think they do a drop more outdoor activities then other camps.

(Camp is such a pain. I have 2 great camps I’d like to send to But my girls need to go with at least one friend - it gets confusing. If I miss the returning camper deadline I’m pretty certain they are not in)

amother
Burlywood

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 8:21 pm
Oy... dollhouse
Have you dealt with the owner???????
The original owner was really into making the kids happy-
Speak to people-
Late nights with no supper offered,
Groups with no bunk room and have to hang out in the halls, safety issues...
Stick with a camp whose owner really cares about making kids happy and keeping them safe
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children