Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Girl's Elementary Schools
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:15 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I thought it was more to the left of YSV, at least in parent body?

YSV is more to the left then Bnos Leah. YSV is a community school that basically accepts all types. Bnos Leah is more picky with who they accept.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:16 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
My niece went to Chofetz Chaim, and I would think it's to the right of YSV (unless she's not typical of the type.) She's regular frum/yeshivish. But she's a few years out of there already.

When I grew up in Monsey, YSV and CC were the most academic schools.

Bas Mikrah was not academic, but later they upped their game.

Yes, chofetz chaim is more to the right than YSV. They're more frum.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:32 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Klausenberg is very very Frum, like viznitz.
There's Bais Shifra Miriam- neutral chassidish some Litvish/yeshivish.
Ateres Banos- neutral chassidish to the frummer side
Sanz- neutral chassidish

Ateres Banos is neutral Chassidish, but also very very Torahdik. It's a huge zechus for Monsey to have an entire school of such families.

nchr

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:34 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Also Bnos Leah Prospect Park it’s supposed to be similar to YSV but more to the right and has a mix of types.

The only people I know who send there are Chassidish. They moved from Williamsburg and do not drive. Are you sure you mean this school?

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:37 am
nchr wrote:
The only people I know who send there are Chassidish. They moved from Williamsburg and do not drive. Are you sure you mean this school?
Yes. They are a Bais Yaakov school similar to YSV but more to the right. I don’t know anyone personally that sends there but I know that they have been accepting families where the father wears a shtreimel, so maybe some Williamsburg families send there but that’s not the main crowd. It’s more non chasidish from what I understand .

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:53 am
graphic613 wrote:
What type of school is bais yaakov chofetz chaim? Anyone send there? Im told it is really academic? Is that true?

My Daughter is in chofetz chain and I went to the school. It used to be considered more academic than ysv but now it's probably parallel. It is a very regular parent body. Not yeshivish but a regular working crowd.
Bh my daughter is having a fantastic experience so far.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 11:55 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Yes, chofetz chaim is more to the right than YSV. They're more frum.

Not really. Everyone who sends can probably fit in ysv very nicely. Bas Mikroh is a more yeshivish crowd by far.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:21 pm
nchr wrote:

Mainstream Williamsburg chassidish do not send to Bnos Leah. Maybe the people that moved from Williamsburg and are becoming more cool chassidish. And the mom's of Bnos Leah do drive.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Ateres Banos is neutral Chassidish, but also very very Torahdik. It's a huge zechus for Monsey to have an entire school of such families.

Bais Shifra Miriam is also very torah'dig. Real fine girls.

nchr

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 12:45 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Mainstream Williamsburg chassidish do not send to Bnos Leah. Maybe the people that moved from Williamsburg and are becoming more cool chassidish. And the mom's of Bnos Leah do drive.

I'm talking about mainstraim Chassidish women. I thought it was a Yiddish speaking school. I guess I have it confused with a different one.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 1:31 pm
The impression that I get is that Bnos Leah is comparable to what Bais Rochel once was, as in recent years BR has become more chassidish. Meaning, neutral, BY-type school for yeshivish and neutral heimish chassidish.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Jan 24 2020, 1:33 pm
Then there's Kesser BY

cnc

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:06 pm
nchr wrote:

You must be confusing it with something else. The people that I know that send there are BY graduates, some sent their older kids to YSV.

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:16 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

What do u mean by torahdig?
I have a few friends that send to bais shifra mirian and also to ateres bnos: they are all very frum chassidish families, nobody is in kollel. They are all very hard working fathers that learn at night.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:44 pm
graphic613 wrote:
What type of school is bais yaakov chofetz chaim? Anyone send there? Im told it is really academic? Is that true?

My oldest dd went to BYCC. When she went to HS she compared her education to ysv girls. She is was stronger in hebrew language and subjects. Ysv tracks english subjects in the older grades, BYCC doesnt . Officially they had 2 levels for math classes, but it wasnt really tracked.

I chose not to send my next dd to BYCC. Education isnt the most important thing. My kids emotional well being is more important than their education. My dd is bh a very bright intelligent girl. She came home with to many stories of how her friends were being mistreated in school. I regret not listening to her and pulling her out.

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:55 pm
nchr wrote:
I'm talking about mainstraim Chassidish women. I thought it was a Yiddish speaking school. I guess I have it confused with a different one.

You're mixing up with a different school. Maybe Kesser Bais Yaakov. I'm not sure if they're Yiddish speaking though and they only have real young grade, I think till 1st.

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:55 pm
Delete

amother
White

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 5:13 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:

There are real fine girls in every single school.
Let's stop with the labels and brand names.

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
There are real fine girls in every single school.
Let's stop with the labels and brand names.

Bais Shifra Miriam is really not a "brand name" school. Their students are really refined simple very eidel girls with good middos. They focus on middos tovos and not on gashmios. What's wrong with saying this about a school? They produce fine girls.

amother
Denim

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
What do u mean by torahdig?
I have a few friends that send to bais shifra mirian and also to ateres bnos: they are all very frum chassidish families, nobody is in kollel. They are all very hard working fathers that learn at night.

A Torah'dig family has nothing to do with the father in kollel. The father can sit in kollel all day and the family/house isn't Torah'dig. It's all in the middos and simplicity. The home is built on torah. They're not so into the latest styles and trends and live a life true to torah. This can not be said on many kollel families.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics