Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
IMAMOTHER GOT TALENT!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 8:59 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I could fall asleep in about 45 seconds of hitting the pillow.

Teach me how! I turn over at least 25 times till I fall asleep...

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:02 pm
At night I can tell what time it is without looking at a clock

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:03 pm
I gave birth naturally and 11 months later I had twins c section and preemies

amother
Coffee

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:41 pm
I will spot an upside down sefer in a bookcase or a bais medrash. I find it without looking- it's just there, and will annoy me until I fix it.

When I was in seminary and Stern, I would turn sefarim regularly. And then Hashem got me- DH's chassan shas has a volume that got bound upside down. It wasn't worth replacing it. So now I always have what looks like an upside down sefer staring at me, and I have learned to open and check a sefer before turning.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 11:24 pm
So most of you won’t understand to appreciate this... but I can change a trach singlehandedly (usually requires 2 people)

I survive on about 3 hrs of sleep, never drink caffeine and go until about 2-3 pm without eating or drinking.

I can tell when a kid is sick by hearing their voice and have gotten very strange looks from the pediatrician when I insisted on a strep culture when child had no fever or any symptoms and I was right on the mark.

I can balance a 26 lb toddler in one hand, a 100 lb bag over my shoulder & push the stroller while “directing home traffic” on the phone

Can get even the most tough, grouchiest, unfriendly Dr to smile and kibitz Smile)

I’m multi talented LOL I’m so glad I became an ‘adult’ and finally found stuff I’m good at LOL

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:36 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:

I once read that if you basically can always tell what time it is without looking at a clock, it means you’re intelligent,

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:36 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I will spot an upside down sefer in a bookcase or a bais medrash. I find it without looking- it's just there, and will annoy me until I fix it.

When I was in seminary and Stern, I would turn sefarim regularly. And then Hashem got me- DH's chassan shas has a volume that got bound upside down. It wasn't worth replacing it. So now I always have what looks like an upside down sefer staring at me, and I have learned to open and check a sefer before turning.

That’s otherwise known as OCD

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:41 pm
Cheiny wrote:

Quote:

I once read that if you basically can always tell what time it is without looking at a clock, it means you’re intelligent,

Ooh yippee doo Wink I do that too LOL

malki2

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:43 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
That’s otherwise known as OCD

That’s not very nice. I do the same thing. Some people are just fastidious about certain things. It makes them neither obsessive nor compulsive. It happens to bother me to see seforim upside down. I don’t necessarily do the same for secular books.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:47 pm
I have a learning disability with specific subjects I'm terrible in. I was also never a great student.

However, I have this distinct talent that I can take a subject I know nothing about, and write about so that it's understandable to the masses. It weirds me out, but I'll take it.

I've also always had this talent since I was a kid - people who tend to be labeled as difficult and not liked really behave around me.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:52 pm
I can tell anyone's body temperature to a fraction of a degree, just by putting my lips on someone's forehead.

DD's pediatrician didn't believe me, until he tested me with a digital thermometer. From then on he quit asking me "are you sure?"

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:00 pm
name one out of the following languages: russian, english, french, slowak, hebrew, jiddish, hungarian, czech
name ANY other language (which I know how it sounds... I know many Smile

I will speak the first language in the accent of the second.

eg: french with arab accent, slovak with suahili accent, russian with italian accent, jiddish with japanese accent etc.

dh loves this, we have a lot of fun when guests at our shabbes table ask for a dvar tojre in these lanuage combos

top mom

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
name one out of the following languages: russian, english, french, slowak, hebrew, jiddish, hungarian, czech
name ANY other language (which I know how it sounds... I know many Smile

I will speak the first language in the accent of the second.

eg: french with arab accent, slovak with suahili accent, russian with italian accent, jiddish with japanese accent etc.

dh loves this, we have a lot of fun when guests at our shabbes table ask for a dvar tojre in these lanuage combos

That sounds so impressive
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics