Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How many of us go to hotel for Pesach?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
If you live in NY? I find that hard to believe.

It’s the best kept secret. Be glad I’m sharing it here. But yes I live in NY.

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 9:52 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I know someone who hired wait staff, cleaning staff and babysitting staff. Ordered all their meals catered. Hired magicians, bouncy castles etc for the kids and invited their entire family to spend pesach with them. If they lived nearby they could come and go as they pleased for meals etc and if they needed to sleep they sorted it out.

To me this is the best of both worlds and if I had money what I would looooove to do

Doesn’t this assume someone lives in a large home with Lots of land?

sneakermom

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 9:57 pm
I’ve been to hotels for pesach many years ago. It’s fun in a way but nothing compared to Yom Tov at home. At least that’s how I see it.

I would rather spend money on getting more cleaning help then confining myself to a pesach program.

There’s something about carrying on your own traditions, working hard to produce all that and sitting down to your own table.

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:42 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Wasn't going to say anything until I saw this, but I don't think the OP's question is very sensitive, and I think your response highlights where it can go wrong. I'd think the same thing about a question phrased "how many of us live in mansions?" Or "how many of us wear real diamonds?"

I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing pesach programs or raising questions about them. But the way the question was phrased, it seems like, "how many of us belong to this exclusive club that many can't afford?" When some women responded with their creative version of a pesach hotel, the above post calls them rude and tells them not to respond. (Can't afford it? Stay out of the convo - you're not like us!)

I know that you don't have to be wealthy to attend, but this is inaccessible to so many posters here. Again, I have no issue with people discussing luxuries - I think everyone should enjoy what they can afford. It's just the phrasing of "how many of us have this luxury? Chime in!"

Anyway, I already know many are going to disagree so bring on the tomatoes. That's just my two cents.

But it is ok to ask all the how old where you when your last child was born, how do you manage 4 children under 6, how do you conceive a boy....
Many people her suffer from IF or SIF and if they were to say something, ithe response would be "so block it, if it triggers you". You are welcome to do the same.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:58 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Wasn't going to say anything until I saw this, but I don't think the OP's question is very sensitive, and I think your response highlights where it can go wrong. I'd think the same thing about a question phrased "how many of us live in mansions?" Or "how many of us wear real diamonds?"

I don't think there's anything wrong with discussing pesach programs or raising questions about them. But the way the question was phrased, it seems like, "how many of us belong to this exclusive club that many can't afford?" When some women responded with their creative version of a pesach hotel, the above post calls them rude and tells them not to respond. (Can't afford it? Stay out of the convo - you're not like us!)

I know that you don't have to be wealthy to attend, but this is inaccessible to so many posters here. Again, I have no issue with people discussing luxuries - I think everyone should enjoy what they can afford. It's just the phrasing of "how many of us have this luxury? Chime in!"

Anyway, I already know many are going to disagree so bring on the tomatoes. That's just my two cents.

Whoa whoa, boy are you overreacting, this must’ve triggered something for you.

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 11:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whoa whoa, boy are you overreacting, this must’ve triggered something for you.

I agree with the poster who called you out, and I have no bitterness about others going away pesach as I have the same opportunity. Your response to her here is also kind of condescending. Maybe you don't mean it but there's definitely something in your tone.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I agree with the poster who called you out, and I have no bitterness about others going away pesach as I have the same opportunity. Your response to her here is also kind of condescending. Maybe you don't mean it but there's definitely something in your tone.

There’s no tone in the written word. Which means you and she are reading into my innocent question a tone which you are projecting into it because of a trigger
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics