Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Irene Lace Top cost and reviews

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 9:43 am
Anyone know how the pricing for Irene lace tops (dolce, not VIP) runs?
Similar to regular or a lot more expensive?
Also does anyone have reviews for lace tops, Irene or otherwise? Are they really high maintenance or is it worthwhile to get the natural look?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 19 2020, 10:01 am
I don't know about the cost compared to other brands, I didn't put myself into this whole trend (I'm a SM) as I don't want the headaches.
But I can tell you what I hear from other SM that I'm in touch with.
You need to constantly add money because as gentle as you are with it, the hair falls out very easily especially at the hairline. You have to keep adding money for more hair. And the lace stretches or tears, so you have to pay to fix that.
But the biggest money pit is constantly having to add hair.
Also, if you are dark colored, the knots will show unless you are always going to apply makeup on it every time you put it on.
SM are fed up with it. As much they seem to promote it on Instagram I hear the behind the scenes frustration with it and the wishing that this trend ends already.
So if you go in with an open mind and are ready to keep spending it should look as good as new, go for it.

amother
Natural

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:25 pm
Bump

amother
Indigo

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 10:43 pm
I was recently chating with someone and from far it looked like she had pulled her hair out of the front of her wig. But it looked so thinning. I felt bad for her that her hair is thinning. So I looked closer and it looked like hair plugs. Then after a minute I realized it was really a lace front. I think she needed to add more hair. I didn't feel close enough to get to tell her. But this looks like something that can look really awkward if not done right. I had flashbacks to the partner of the law firm I used to work at. He was awful. He had terrible hair plugs. And he smacked my butt and told me I have a fat @$$. I wanted to yank his plugs out so badly.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:07 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I was recently chating with someone and from far it looked like she had pulled her hair out of the front of her wig. But it looked so thinning. I felt bad for her that her hair is thinning. So I looked closer and it looked like hair plugs. Then after a minute I realized it was really a lace front. I think she needed to add more hair. I didn't feel close enough to get to tell her. But this looks like something that can look really awkward if not done right. I had flashbacks to the partner of the law firm I used to work at. He was awful. He had terrible hair plugs. And he smacked my butt and told me I have a fat @$$. I wanted to yank his plugs out so badly.

The more I’m seeing lace tops the more I’m not liking. Parts are too far apart. Looks like some of the cheaper wigs.
I feel like they are easier to spot across a room then other wigs.
I have seen a few that are so good you can’t tell it’s a wig - but most of them don’t look great.
I don’t know which brands any of them are. It just made me question how great lace tops really are.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:17 am
I just purchased one . Im in middle of paying it up so I dont have it with me yet , but im darn upset abd regret it already 100 times. Im thinking if I should call the sheutelmacher and ask if I can switch exchange for a regular wig. And besides the lacetop situation its 400 more I feel like the feedback I hear on it is literally money trashed. Does anyone think since my wig wasnt cut yet dies it still make sense to exchange it for a different wig? yet babyhairs are already added.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:33 am
U asked how much it is: I bought a 14 inch paid 2050. Included dying, babyhairs and all .
Im very nervous how I will manage the lacetop and im really not sure it was a right decision made for purchasing the lacetop , I should've looked more inyo it before . If I can still change my mind I would.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:42 am
Does anyone know the pricing of the lace fronts? Not a full lace top.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:05 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I just purchased one . Im in middle of paying it up so I dont have it with me yet , but im darn upset abd regret it already 100 times. Im thinking if I should call the sheutelmacher and ask if I can switch exchange for a regular wig. And besides the lacetop situation its 400 more I feel like the feedback I hear on it is literally money trashed. Does anyone think since my wig wasnt cut yet dies it still make sense to exchange it for a different wig? yet babyhairs are already added.

No. Babyhairs are customized according to your hairline. And in your next post you said it was colored as well. Sorry you'll have to sit this one out.
Curious what made you jump into it? Was the SM pushing for it?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:13 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

Ask the sheitel macher if you can switch. Worse comes to worst, she'll say no.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
No. Babyhairs are customized according to your hairline. And in your next post you said it was colored as well. Sorry you'll have to sit this one out.
Curious what made you jump into it? Was the SM pushing for it?

No its not colored yet , only babe hair added

ChutzPAh

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:16 am
Some of them look awful and some look like they’re growing out of your scalp. I don’t think you can know which you’ll end up with until it’s too late.
When I see the awful ones, I wonder if the wearers realize it or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels