Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O NO TALENT
Previous  1  2  3

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 2:09 pm
Wow, going back over everyone's posts, I feel like just about every one of you!

I can't:

Wink
Drive
Do math
Snap my fingers
Inline roller skate
Ice skate
Do a cartwheel
Remember why I walked into the kitchen.

My memory is terrible. There should be a lot more on this list, but I can't remember!

ora_43

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 3:33 pm
You know how cops on TV can walk into a room and notice that the bottom left corner of the wallpaper on the back wall was peeled up and then reattached, or that there's a small patch of torn fabric hanging off a nail?

Yeah. So, like, the far opposite of that.

I can sit in a room for an hour, and when I walk out, if you ask "ora, think fast - was there a grand piano in the room, or not?" I'll be like "uhh... maybe?"

My ability to notice and remember physical appearance is basically limited to "on fire/ not on fire."

It makes house-hunting challenging Sad .

(It's not limited to houses, either. My friends will be like "notice something different?" and after 10 seconds of frantic mental activity, I manage to say "uhh... oh! You have a new shirt! I like it!" And then they say, "No, I (cut my hair/ lost 80 pounds/ grew a beard)." And then it is awkward.)

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:10 pm
ora_43 wrote:
You know how cops on TV can walk into a room and notice that the bottom left corner of the wallpaper on the back wall was peeled up and then reattached, or that there's a small patch of torn fabric hanging off a nail?

I can sit in a room for an hour, and when I walk out, if you ask "ora, think fast - was there a grand piano in the room, or not?" I'll be like "uhh... maybe?"

My ability to notice and remember physical appearance is basically limited to "on fire/ not on fire."

(It's not limited to houses, either. My friends will be like "notice something different?" and after 10 seconds of frantic mental activity, I manage to say "uhh... oh! You have a new shirt! I like it!" And then they say, "No, I (cut my hair/ lost 80 pounds/ grew a beard)." And then it is awkward.)

Oh my gosh, this made me laugh so loud I snorted! LOL You have a great way with words. Wink

Sleepymama

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 4:43 pm
Wow this whole thread really cracked me up!
I really needed that tonight!
You are all me!
The directions
Multitasking
Hiding emotions
Functioning on wheels
Maintaining weight
Maintaining a clean house
Dancing! Winking!
Is this a genre of a person?
Perhaps I have found my tribe!

finallyamommy

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 6:04 pm
Yup me too. Directions, and keeping things neat, and focusing during a conversation. My husband says my brain is like a pinball machine, because we'll be talking about A, and then in my mind I'll go, "if A then B. If B then C. If C then D." And then seemingly out of nowhere I'll exclaim, "D!"

I also can't recognize vehicles. I don't know the difference between a motorcycle and a moped, and when it comes to cars, if someone asks me what kind someone drives I'll be like, uhhh, it's white...it has four doors and a trunk...just regular small white car! Other people are able to rattle off the name and the year and I'm like HOW???

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Jan 25 2020, 7:20 pm
ora_43 wrote:

I'm the same way. This is really not good as a teacher, when I'll ask a student "Oh, you got a haircut?" and they'll say "A month ago..."

sequoia

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:50 am
ora_43 wrote:

I’m the same Smile
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics