Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
BD"E R' Falk

imanonymous

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 4:58 pm
I may not agree with many of his strict psakim, but he is acknowledged as a big posek in his community.

Baruch Dayan Emes.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:07 pm
Gateshead alumnae and alumni are mourning. They treasure their hilchos Shabbos and kashrus notes. He taught doros. Several volumes of hilchos Shabbos have recently come out in book form.

Cheiny

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:10 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Gateshead alumnae and alumni are mourning. They treasure their hilchos Shabbos and kashrus notes. He taught doros. Several volumes of hilchos Shabbos have recently come out in book form.

BDE.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:31 pm
Baruch Dayan HaEmes

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:44 pm
Baruch Dayan haemes

4g01o

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 5:45 pm
Baruch Dayan Emes. He taught me and I know his daughter. I was actually at a wedding with her a few weeks ago. So sad they didn't even get to say bye because it was so sudden. My heart goes out to the family and all who knew him.

littleprincess

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 6:13 pm
Very sad . He taught me years ago . His shiurim were so special .
He left this world with many zechusim.
May his neshome have an aliye

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 6:16 pm
BDE. I read his book age 9 and was really inspired.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 10:09 pm
Boruch Dayan Emes.

Even if you don't agree with Rabbi Falk's psak, he brought awareness regarding tzinius to the rabbim.

boysrus

Post Mon, Jan 20 2020, 11:26 pm
BDE
Rabbi Falk's sefer Oz v'hadar levusha brought me to a new awareness of tznious. Until I read that book as a newlywed, I had been given the feeling that tznius was just a bunch of annoying rules. This book taught me about the beauty of tznius even if I found a few things in it to be a bit beyond my personal level.
And my husband was in Gateshead yeshiva many moons ago and learned so much at Rabbi Falk's hilchos shabbos shiurim.
A loss for klal yisroel.

gingertop

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 1:09 am
Baruch Dayan Ha'emes. What a shock for the family and all his students worldwide.

Aylat

Post Tue, Jan 21 2020, 1:49 am
Baruch Dayan haEmet. I also learned from his book.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:47 pm
BDE It's an incredible loss for klal Isroel.

Like many others, I didn't take on 100% of his guidelines, but he spoke gently, and explained things very well. I found it quite inspiring, and I have a lot of respect for those who hold by him 100%.

His works have reached around the globe, and taught so many women the beauty of tzniut. He seemed to really understand the neshama, and how to reach the heart with his words.

May his family, students, and community be comforted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics