Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Update - sheitel prices in 2020

MommyATL

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:17 pm
Hi! My daughter got engaged a little over two weeks ago. She has the opportunity to go sheitel shopping with a friend on Tuesday in Brooklyn. Her hair is ash blonde (just like mine before I went grey under the sheitels and tichels). Very Happy

She'd like to try on strawberry blonde sheitels, because she thinks it will be too hard to find ash. I'm guessing she's going to want it on the long side, with curly or wavy unprocessed hair. Since I buy mine from my local sheitel lady, and she knows my price point here in the ATL (as in, when there's a dark blonde Euro short on sale), what should I tell my daughter is a reasonable price for her sheitel? Also, any suggestions for a great place to go?

I have a Clary and a Miri, but both were on sale from my friend (can I mention that I love my friend?). Any suggestions would be so welcome. I wish I could be there for the fun of shopping with the girls, but my work is keeping me here in the ATL. Thanks so much, ladies!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:52 pm
Ash blondes are easier to find especially in the processed wigs like Irene or Miri supreme.
If she wants only virgin hair then a warmer blonde will probably be easier to find.
Either way, blonde is a difficult color to match.
The best idea would be if she sets up an appointment with a SM that has a lot of options in stock and can guide her what's right for her.
She will be absolutely overwhelmed if she goes directly to the company showrooms. Bad idea.

octopus

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:55 pm
I like my processed shaitels so much better

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:58 pm
octopus wrote:
I like my processed shaitels so much better

Yup. Many people do. They're not as lightweight and soft as the virgin ones but they hold a set much better.
Unless someone really wants a wig that acts and feels just like her own hair (ex. frizzes slightly with the weather, setting falls quickly) I recommend going with processed.
For blonde virgin hair below shoulder length be ready to pay upwards of 3500 at a minimum.
On the other hand, you can get a beautiful processed long length Irene or Miri for about $16-1800.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:36 pm
Hi MommyATL - Mazel Tov! I believe I know your wonderful daughter well Very Happy

Ashy blonde is really hard to get right, but the lighter shades are a bit easier. Many many times blonde wigs will oxidize reddish, so if she doesn't mind strawberry blonde, that's already a great step.

I agree with the posters that say processed is the way to go in this case, unless you are willing and able to shell out over $3k...

I also agree with the posters who say not to go to a company showroom. She needs to go to a reputable, good shaitelmacher. Showrooms are overwhelming and are trying to sell their specific brand, which may or may not be good quality, while a shaitelmacher has a variety of brands and has a reputation to uphold, so she will do all she can to work with you.
I have a couple of recommendations in the 5 Towns if you are interested.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:05 pm
Go with processed. You can probably get btw 1500-2000

MommyATL

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Hi MommyATL - Mazel Tov! I believe I know your wonderful daughter well Very Happy

Ashy blonde is really hard to get right, but the lighter shades are a bit easier. Many many times blonde wigs will oxidize reddish, so if she doesn't mind strawberry blonde, that's already a great step.

I agree with the posters that say processed is the way to go in this case, unless you are willing and able to shell out over $3k...

I also agree with the posters who say not to go to a company showroom. She needs to go to a reputable, good shaitelmacher. Showrooms are overwhelming and are trying to sell their specific brand, which may or may not be good quality, while a shaitelmacher has a variety of brands and has a reputation to uphold, so she will do all she can to work with you.
I have a couple of recommendations in the 5 Towns if you are interested.

My daughter says, "5 Towns recommendations are appreciated!" And I'm intrigued - we might know each other... Very Happy

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 9:52 pm
MommyATL wrote:
My daughter says, "5 Towns recommendations are appreciated!" And I'm intrigued - we might know each other... Very Happy

Ahuva Walkin - 347-409-6907
Tziporah Reisman - 917-882-8079

I've been to both and they're helpful and really know what they are doing.

I've also heard great things about Yettie Katz: 917-562-0003

If your daughter was a madricha, I was her co! Wink

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 10:30 pm
I've gotten a couple of my sheitals from Ahuva Walkin and had a good experience. But she gets booked fast so tell your daughter to text her secretary
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels