Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim themed purim poem and MM
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:31 am
My kids are dressing up as haman and mordechai on a horse. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me write a nice poem that includes this part of the purim story. I want to send a simple, inexpensive mishloach manos that ties in with their costume (hamentaschen and not sure what else) ideas welcome:) If you can tie the mishloach manos into the poem, too, that would be the next level of awesome. (I feel like you can really get away with simple without it looking cheap if it ties in with their costumes and a poem.)
Thanks so much!!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:39 am
For food: oatmeal cookies, bars, since horses eat oats.
Hope I got the ball rolling.

imasinger

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:48 am
Hamentaschen, a small bottle of wine or grape juice, maybe cookies in a gragger shape, or maybe a mini upside down cake (v'nahafoch hu).

A simple announcement:
At the end of the story
Comes light, song and joy
As all see Hashem's glory!

Purim sameach.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:58 am
Thanks for the replies. I forgot to mention- I cannot bake due to food allergies in the family. If I do hamentaschen it will have to be store bought. I could bake oatmeal cookies, though I want to stick to the traditional Purim story this year (Haman and Mordechai) as opposed to turning it into a horses theme.
For a poem, I'd like something longer than a 4 liner that ties the costumes and mm into the purim story. Sorry if I'm sounding too picky on you people's cheshbon. But no rush, really; I figured that it's still a while before Purim so maybe I can catch the really talented amothers before the last minute Purim rush;)

pause

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:11 am
OP, your MM and costumes speak for themselves, no poem needed! You can make a copy of the megillah as an explanation for those who don't get it.

Is this how far themes have become a necessary part of MM, that even the simple and basic requires a "theme"? I mean, all the years kids dressed up as characters from the megillah! No explanation necessary.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:56 am
pause wrote:
OP, your MM and costumes speak for themselves, no poem needed! You can make a copy of the megillah as an explanation for those who don't get it.

Is this how far themes have become a necessary part of MM, that even the simple and basic requires a "theme"? I mean, all the years kids dressed up as characters from the megillah! No explanation necessary.

It's not about needing an explanation, I just really like and appreciate a nice poem that ties everything together... I think that it makes it more beautiful. Sort of like a bow on top of a gift; not necessary, but definitely ads a nice touch. Not everyone will agree with this, but this is how I feel about it.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:57 am
pause wrote:

I find the poem just a cute addition to the MM not as an explanation.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:09 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I find the poem just a cute addition to the MM not as an explanation.

Right. The costumes my kids will be wearing wont need an explanation - they'll be characters of the megila! That's why I wrote "Purim themed purim poem"; a general poem on the purim story that doesn't omit the part of the story where mordechai was on the horse. If it has a line or 2 with the mishloach manos brought in, that would be even more perfect.
Thanks everyone Smile

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right. The costumes my kids will be wearing wont need an explanation - they'll be characters of the megila! That's why I wrote "Purim themed purim poem"; a general poem on the purim story that doesn't omit the part of the story where mordechai was on the horse. If it has a line or 2 with the mishloach manos brought in, that would be even more perfect.
Thanks everyone Smile
[align=center]

PM thunderstorm she writes poems

leaf

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 10:20 am
Two yrs ago I put in a dvar torah on שושנת יעקב צהלה ושמחה בראותם יחד תכלת מרדכי - how at first everyone thought that mordechai was leading haman on the horse, until they saw the tchailis of mordechai's tzizit and realized that mordechai was on the horse.
For shaloch manos, I did a tchailis colored theme - I packaged everything in light blue organza bags and put in things that come in light blue packaging...
Happy purim!
I also have the purim story in a poem, but I have to see if I can locate it...

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 10:49 am
One year I made my mm as they draw a mm.

I got a small wicker basket I pur in 2 hamentashen a small bottle of grape juice with some grapes hanging out and an orange was adorable. I got a lot of feedback from that

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:50 am
Thanks to all amothers who took the time to respond. Cyan, I really appreciate that suggestion, but I don't want to put anyone on the spot, so therefore won't PM unless I get more desperate. I still have time... I'm hoping that she will see this thread and if she's able to write something she'll post.
leaf, that dvar torah with tchailes is really original. I don't know if my crowd will go for a dvar torah. It really depends on how it's written. If you find the dvar torah and the Purim poem you had, I would appreciate if you can post it.
Thank you all. Keep 'em coming...

dankbar

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:22 pm
I remember years ago my my mom made a carousel. A round cake. with carousel horses that topped the cake around. Maybe you can put a small grape juice in middle if cake has a hole.

Years ago my mom's friend created a wagon out of food attached to plastic horse.

You can use empty clear or cardboard cylinder tubes & fill it so that it looks like a megillah holder. or wrap/cover with your own graphics- a pringle box.

you can create small open megilla cookie miniatures like a tea biscuit attached to a small pretzel rod at end etc....

Garbage was dumped on his head.There are garbage bin containers for mm sold lol

Paskez trumpet snacks for megaphones...for Haman to announce
Any royal/crown stuff for Mordechai was crowned.
You can create a teliya or Hanging Haman. A cylinder or wine bottle with Haman hanging from top or a round sock hanger & hang diff snack bags for his family hanging

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 5:53 pm
Ok. So I think that for mm I'm going to do a jute/burlap wine bag with a sparkling grape juice and hamantaschen. The burlap can allude to the sackcloth that Mordechai put on before the neis occurred. If someone is able to help me out with a poem that includes that part of the purm story - the sackcloth, Moredchai on a horse being led by Haman, etc. I would really appreciate it. Thanks, you all!

mamma llama

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 6:13 pm
Haman rejoiced
When he thought of the Jews.
With his plot, he'd see victory
And they would all lose.

Though the future seemed dim,
Mordechai didn't despair.
He prayed to Hashem,
And sackcloth he did wear.

Hashem was watching,
He knew what would be.
V'nahapoch hu,
Let the whole world see.

A horse Haman saddled,
signifying his demise.
He led Mordechai in royal garb,
with tears in his eyes.

All the Jews witnessed,
the nes on that night.
Remember the miracle,
with each sip and each bite!

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 20 2020, 7:43 pm
Amazing Savings has a gragger carton section box with clear cover so you can put in different small food items in each section like Choco nuts.

They also have hamantash shaped carton box.

BoyMom613

Post Mon, Mar 02 2020, 10:14 am
Such creative ladies! Any ideas for a Purim poem...my mm includes a hamentashen, grape juice, gold coins, brownie bar and candies wrapped in gold material.....

dankbar

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 11:17 pm
Haman thought he is making a good deal, Like setting down coins & wiping out the yidden , for real!
Hashem had different plans & sabotaged his scheme!
Now celebrate & enjoy our Purim theme!

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 2:27 pm
I'm so impressed with your poems!!
Can you help me with a healthy theme short poem?
MM has Water carrots humus and healthy trail mix

Lastdime

Post Wed, Mar 04 2020, 4:20 pm
It started early in the day
The horse he munched on normal hay
Someone came by and said “hey time to go “
Mordechai is coming for a real show
He has the garments of a true king
And the crowds are gathering to join and sing
Haman we know is leading them down the streets
Angry at every on looker he meets
But Mordechai is calm and quite composed