Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Any frum community 1/2 hour drive from miami beach?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:11 pm
Looking to move to a community a 1/2 hour to 40 minutes away from Miami Beach. Frum with families that have teenagers.

Thank you!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:15 pm
Surfside, nmb, Aventura.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Looking to move to a community a 1/2 hour to 40 minutes away from Miami Beach. Frum with families that have teenagers.

Thank you!

hollywood

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:03 pm
Aventura, NMB, and Hollywood will all take longer than 40 minutes when there is traffic. It’s reasonable if you’re not driving during rush hour.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:42 pm
Anyway, aside from rush hour, when it comes to traffic, all bets are off during the peak tourist season. Like, December-February (at minimum).

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:51 pm
North Miami Beach is half an hour away or even less.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:52 pm
Traffic has become very dense in the past 5 years. You can't count on a half hour commute anymore.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:54 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
North Miami Beach is half an hour away or even less.

Only when there is no traffic, which is rare. It usually takes us between 45 minutes to an hour (and even longer when traffic is really bad).

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:02 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Only when there is no traffic, which is rare. It usually takes us between 45 minutes to an hour (and even longer when traffic is really bad).

Yes, it can take that long when driving from nmb to mb in the morning or mb to nmb during evening rush hour. Otherwise it doesn't usually take more than 40 minutes. Most of the traffic is on 95 S in the morning and N in the afternoon/ evening. I've commuted from mb to nmb, which is opposite most of the traffic, within 40 minutes almost every day. The reverse is much worse. It also depends which part of each city you're coming from and going to.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:08 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Yes, it can take that long when driving from nmb to mb in the morning or mb to nmb during evening rush hour. Otherwise it doesn't usually take more than 40 minutes. Most of the traffic is on 95 S in the morning and N in the afternoon/ evening. I've commuted from mb to nmb, which is opposite most of the traffic, within 40 minutes almost every day. The reverse is much worse. It also depends which part of each city you're coming from and going to.

Absolutely. It seems like the OP will be going the opposite way and will probably hit traffic unless her hours are more flexible.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:06 pm
how far would boca be from miami beach?
I am thinking of taking a job in miami beach and would like to live in Boca, but wondering if the commute will be insane every day. If I have to be there at 8:30 everyday and leave at 6:30

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am thinking of taking a job in miami beach and would like to live in Boca, but wondering if the commute will be insane every day. If I have to be there at 8:30 everyday and leave at 6:30

You’ll get bad traffic both ways.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:26 pm
Boca has a new yeshivah and kosher food

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, it will be absolutely insane. You'll be stuck in a long commute with the worst of rush hour traffic.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:53 pm
I am from the tristate area- so how long of a commute each way are you talking about with bad traffic?

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am from the tristate area- so how long of a commute each way are you talking about with bad traffic?

I don’t do it often (especially during those hours) so I can’t say for sure, but I would guess at least 1.5 hours.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:17 pm
I live in Boca area and avoid driving to/from the general Miami/NMB, Aventura area in the mornings and return trip late afternoon. It makes my usual 45-hour drive minimum 1.5-2 hours in the winter. The rest of the year there is traffic those times, but not as bad.
It's like driving into or out of Manhattan at rush hour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating