Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Lace top maintenance

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 10:06 am
I live oot. There are no sheitel machers here, so I do my own wigs. How do I wash my lace top? I won't be anywhere near a sheitel macher for months, and I'm desperate.

flmommy

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 10:11 am
Just wash it very carefully and when you put it on. Head to dry make sure not to stretch the lace by either shlumping it foresees on the head or laying it on a towel.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:52 am
flmommy wrote:
Just wash it very carefully and when you put it on. Head to dry make sure not to stretch the lace by either shlumping it foresees on the head or laying it on a towel.

I hear but would u reccomend it?

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:55 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I hear but would u reccomend it?

Sorry I missed the first post and I was assuming that a sheitelmacher came up here and gave her tip how to handel it.

Narbin

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:26 pm
I don’t think you should do it on your own. It can stretch and even a sheitel macher can mess it up if they don’t know what they are doing. Maybe you can try an African American salon if no sheitel macher nearby. They have been wearing lace top far longer than us.

avrahamama

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:32 pm
Narbin wrote:
I don’t think you should do it on your own. It can stretch and even a sheitel macher can mess it up if they don’t know what they are doing. Maybe you can try an African American salon if no sheitel macher nearby. They have been wearing lace top far longer than us.

Exactly this.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:43 pm
Narbin wrote:

It has spit up in it.
I'm washing it myself.
I just need a plan.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:08 pm
Narbin wrote:

But they don’t usually spend upwards of 1000 and don’t expect them to last all that long...

avrahamama

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:16 pm
I think you can YouTube it and watch a good tutorial on how to clean it.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:36 pm
avrahamama wrote:
I think you can YouTube it and watch a good tutorial on how to clean it.

This. I searched YouTube for a tutorial on washing a lace front and it came out fine. I think I’ve heard of washing a lace top on a Sheitel head but there are loads of tutorials on this.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:04 pm
Thanks ladies!
I washed it on a head. Lightly dabbed the top. So far so good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels