Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Boys Schools
1  2  Next

lovebeingamama5

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:11 am
Can someone please inform me ofthe boys schools in monsey? parent/student body? Level of learning? Chol? Kodesh? Hearing about Bais Dovid, Bais Mikroh, Degel, Cheder, YSV

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:14 am
What are you looking for? Yeshivish litvish mo

lovebeingamama5

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 11:45 am
Looking for a school that will stimulate my child, provide an emotionally and physically safe environment- right wing, yeshivish

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 12:15 pm
lovebeingamama5 wrote:
Looking for a school that will stimulate my child, provide an emotionally and physically safe environment- right wing, yeshivish

Beis dovid is good for yashivish, or degal . I just know beis dovid is a very old yashiva and runs it the same way they used to years ago , they are a huge place which ppl dont love about , what I heared. They can still potch and they have the old chinich. Again its just what I was told . But yashivish I would say either beis dovid or degel would be the right fit . The others are chassidish. There is lots of neutral chassidish though,

Good Luck

esuss

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:20 pm
You may be happy with Bais Mikroh. Cheder of Monsey ( Rabbi Eisgrau ) or the new branch of the Cheder that just opened this year. These are the most yeshivishe schools. YSV and Degel are more middle of the road but may be good for you also.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:22 pm
lovebeingamama5 wrote:

Sorry, no right wing yeshivish school in Monsey will fulfill either of those needs.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Sorry, no right wing yeshivish school in Monsey will fulfill either of those needs.
I send to the Cheder and they absolutely do. Not sure what your source of info is.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 1:50 pm
Bais Dovid is quite chassidish by now, staff and students.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:04 pm
Bies dovid is still based on litvish style. Lots of litvish families send there but heimish. Its a big mix but I would call it a litvish chieder , wouldnt call it chassidish.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:15 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I send to the Cheder and they absolutely do. Not sure what your source of info is.

This.

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:51 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Beis dovid is good for yashivish, or degal . I just know beis dovid is a very old yashiva and runs it the same way they used to years ago , they are a huge place which ppl dont love about , what I heared. They can still potch and they have the old chinich. Again its just what I was told . But yashivish I would say either beis dovid or degel would be the right fit . The others are chassidish. There is lots of neutral chassidish though,

Good Luck

Bais dovid is chassidish. No one I know who's yeshivish sends there. And someone who's yeshivish should definitely not send to a neutral chassidish school.

Like others said, degel hatorah, bais mikroh, the cheder. I personally send to YSV and so far so good bH.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:55 pm
The Cheder is the most fitting for OPs requirements.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 2:58 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Bies dovid is still based on litvish style. Lots of litvish families send there but heimish. Its a big mix but I would call it a litvish chieder , wouldnt call it chassidish.

Majority is chassidish, that makes it a chassidish cheder. They teach in Yiddish.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:38 pm
Curious what the difference is between cheder, ysv and degel? Can anyone shed some light?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:46 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Curious what the difference is between cheder, ysv and degel? Can anyone shed some light?

I had a kid in Degel highschool. I’m not 100% sure what the difference is, but I believe Degel is more to the right of YSV. A kid in my son’s class went from YSV to Degel and he was told he had to get rid of his TV whereas in YSV he was able to have a TV.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:51 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I had a kid in Degel highschool. I’m not 100% sure what the difference is, but I believe Degel is more to the right of YSV. A kid in my son’s class went from YSV to Degel and he was told he had to get rid of his TV whereas in YSV he was able to have a TV.

You're right, Degel is more to the right then YSV.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:53 pm
Other than student body, whats the difference between the level of learning? Professionalism?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:07 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
You're right, Degel is more to the right then YSV.

YSV has a big spectrum. Degel is more to the right, but there is an overlap.

YSV is a gem. Dedicated mechanchim, established chinuch methods, and more.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 5:36 pm
My son is in bais Mikroh. Bh he is doing well. I am NOT yeshivish. The school really word with him for his needs and I couldn't be happier.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 6:19 am
Amother peach and scarlet how old are your sons? I think people responding should mention the ages of their children because most people are happy in their school for the first few years. More sensitive issues may pop up in the older grades. A mother with a son in 8th grade who loves the school is giving different information than a mother with a child in pre1a.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics