Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Girls dressy clothing styles for upcoming spring/summer

yc

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 4:39 am
we have a bar mitzva purim time and was hoping to get something that would serve as a new yom tov outfit for my girls (ages 10 and 14)
what girls styles are coming in for the new spring/summer season?
I would like to start shopping for my girls and I am so clueless about these things.

Thanks!

yc

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 3:43 am
anybody?
please, my 14 year old doesnt trust me due to my lack of fashion knowledge.
colors? styles coming up for spring?? links welcome!
TIA!

DrMom

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 3:51 am
It varies a lot by community.

Perhaps it might be worth it to check out local stores in your community or websites where people in your community shop?

If your 14-year-old doesn't trust you, then let her pick out something.

mary6

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 3:56 am
Do you want matching for them?

https://www.ladida.com/product.....dress

https://www.ladida.com/product.....p1165

These are what I was looking at for my very tall 9 year old. I would be getting her a size 12

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 4:02 am
Agree with Dr. Mom. Every country, city and community is different. Additionally, most commonfolk get a feel of the trends by what they see in stores and what they see people wearing on the street. No one is wearing spring/summer yet so I'm not sure how anyone can advise you about what WILL BE in, unless they're in the industry.

Your best bet OP is to go to a trendy local store and browse around. If you feel you're fashion-impaired and your daughter wants to wear what everyone is wearing, talk to the sales lady about what other girls have been buying. It might be worth it to push it off as much as possible since the stores are only just beginning to get the spring/summer items in.

yc

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 4:57 am
we're in israel.
matching - no.
The bar mitzva is a few days before purim and theres so much to do I was hoping not to have to wait until the last minute.
We tried trendy stores yesterday. We didn't find anything, but I didn't expect to buy on the first try. My 14 year old didn't like anything. Didn't try anything on even. A big challenge is that she doesn't trust herself to choose and by extension for sure not me!
I do dress well, put together, just not trendy like the teenagers.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:49 am
Each city and community is so different in Israel. I'd love to recommend the stores my teen daughter shops in but I have no idea what you're looking for, what styles, how fancy, what you're looking to spend, if you're charedi, dati, very American, anything in between, etc.

yc

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:53 am
chareidi, american (but not very, all my kids born and raised here and integrated into israeli society)
would hope not to spend too much...

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 6:00 am
yc wrote:
chareidi/american

So are we. My daughter and her friends do well in Geula. Head over heels, One of a Kind, and several of those other small side street shops, like on the same side street as One of a Kind. Some have done well in Mekimi as well, though it's not particularly my daughter's style.

Yirmiyahu has some great places to try as well. My daughter loves Runway and got an adorable dress there recently.

You can try a few places in and around Center 1 as well. I got my younger girls gorgeous dresses for my recent bar mitzvah at Rachel H (on sale!).

A lot of these places have websites so you can see if it's your daughter's type before you shlep.

Just know that I don't think the stores have much now. They are exactly in those in between weeks where the winter stuff is all on sale, emptying out, and the summer stuff hasn't arrived yet. I think you'll have a hard time at the moment.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:59 am
My girls got gorgeous dresses for my sons bar mitzvah from kidi chick. Price was great. They had poofy short dresses that were magnificent. There were also some really pretty lace dresses to choose from. No one believed the price. I think they have stores in Israel it may be worth checking out. But it’s probably still too early.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics