Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Did you watch Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince?

LO

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:26 am
Hi all! I am trying to decide if should allow my 13 yr old to watch this....If you saw it, could you please tell me what inappropriate stuff there was? I am not concerned about the drinking (which I saw people refer to online), more the relationship stuff....TIA!

LO

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:26 am
And if you remember, please tell me WHERE in the movie it is...Thanks!

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:32 am
You might be able to find a good review in common sense media or even Amazon (look at the lower start ratings to find the things a parent would be concerned with)

eduardo

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 10:04 am
https://kids-in-mind.com/h/har.....e.htm

This website has the kind of details your looking for on every movie. Hope it helps

LO

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 10:11 am
Thanks! This was very helpful!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 10:21 am
The 6th book had the most relationship stuff of all the books and the movie really played that side of it up. It's not like, crazy inappropriate, it's just kissing and lots of boyfriend/girlfriend drama, but if you're more on the sheltered side, then you'll probably want to pass. (Also, in my opinion, Half blood prince was the best of the books, and the movie was the worst of the adaptations, they really took out everything that made that book so interesting. If she's been reading the series, she should stick with reading)

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:19 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
The 6th book had the most relationship stuff of all the books and the movie really played that side of it up. It's not like, crazy inappropriate, it's just kissing and lots of boyfriend/girlfriend drama, but if you're more on the sheltered side, then you'll probably want to pass. (Also, in my opinion, Half blood prince was the best of the books, and the movie was the worst of the adaptations, they really took out everything that made that book so interesting. If she's been reading the series, she should stick with reading)

I thought the Goblet of Fire (the 5th book) had the most relationship/kissing stuff.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:27 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
I thought the Goblet of Fire (the 5th book) had the most relationship/kissing stuff.

The goblet of fire is the 4th book.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
The goblet of fire is the 4th book.

yes, sorry...you're right. I thought it had more "romance" in it than HBP.

singleagain

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 2:08 pm
In goblet Harry and co are discovering romance. But both Harry and Ron actually have girlfriends in hbp

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

I think GOF had a lot of insinuation to romance, but most of it went right over my 9-year-old head at the time.

Order of Phoenix had more romance.

HBP had the most, and the movie definitely plays it up a lot. It was annoying, honestly.

None of this is s-xual, but it's still frustrating.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 2:54 pm
Goblet of Fire had Harry having his first crush, but nothing came of it. Also Ron being jealous of Krum taking Hermione to the dance. Order of the Phoenix (book 5) had one kiss, but nothing more than that. Harry was too busy being all angsty-emo to be a decent boyfriend. Half Blood Prince, however, has both Harry and Ron getting girlfriends, Ron being extremely physically expressive with his girlfriend (to the point of all their friends complaining about the over the top PDA) and Hermione getting extremely jealous over Ron's girlfriend. There's also a part where Hermione took another guy to a party with the express aim of trying annoy Ron, and the guy pretty much attacks her under the missletoe. So yeah, HBP is definitely the one with the most romance.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children