Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Tell male boss I had miscarriage- need to take off

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:01 pm
I have a d&c scheduled so I will need to take off from work. What should I tell my boss? I never take off from work unless I’m going on vacation or to take care of a sick child.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a d&c scheduled so I will need to take off from work. What should I tell my boss? I never take off from work unless I’m going on vacation or to take care of a sick child.

Tell your boss that you're having a minor procedure done and you'll be out for whatever amount of days. You don't need to give any more details.

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:03 pm
Tell him you are having a procedure. He doesn’t need more details, and this is coming from someone who shares a lot of personal information with my male boss.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:04 pm
Hugs! I told my boss I'm having a procedure done on Tuesday and will be out for the rest of the week. Just didn't feel like going into detail.

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:13 pm
Male or female boss has no reason to know your personal medical history. You’re having a procedure and will be out such and such day(s). Sof maaseh.

Librarian

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:28 pm
You guys are lucky. I had to work while fasting for the procedure, travel to the hospital, have the D&C and be in work the next day. No time off at all.

amother
Ivory

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:39 pm
Have you had trouble with anesthesia in the past? If not and it is relatively early (<10 weeks) you probably don't need to take off for physical reasons (emotional is a different story). They advise no driving for 24 hrs after but I told the Dr. I had to work the next day and she said it was fine.

Librarian

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:48 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Have you had trouble with anesthesia in the past? If not and it is relatively early (<10 weeks) you probably don't need to take off for physical reasons (emotional is a different story). They advise no driving for 24 hrs after but I told the Dr. I had to work the next day and she said it was fine.

Yes, my Dr. told me the same. It was 11 weeks. I did have a problem with extreme drop of blood pressure but that was corrected with a shot of epinephrine. I did not feel great the next day but was able to work.

finprof

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 9:50 pm
I had one on Wednesday and went to work on Thursday with no issues. For reference, it was my 5th so I was physically and emotionally prepared.

agreer

Post Sat, Feb 01 2020, 11:15 pm
Like they said above, there's no need to say what the procedure is.

However, if you are looking for sympathy or understanding, then you totally can tell a male boss the same way you might tell a female boss. Men can be just as sympathetic as women, sometimes more.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 10:39 am
Some people are nosy by nature, and some people are really caring. If he says "Oh no, what's going on? Are you OK? What's the procedure for?" then you can choose to continue not telling and say "I'm really not comfortable discussing this" or "It's female stuff."

Feel better soon. Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics