Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help me get a bassinet seat inflight to Israel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 10:58 am
I'll be travelling to Israel with a 6 month old baby and I'm trying to get a bassinet for my baby. Is there any way to guarantee a bassinet?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:00 am
Book your seat very very early. Otherwise you have little to no hope.

You need to call the airline really.

fiji

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:00 am
Depends on the airline. Some let you book in advance and others only assign them at the gate.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:01 am
It’s first come first serve. Your best bet is to arrive and check in early.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:02 am
I'm booking now for May. Travel agents say it's assigned at the airport. I'm trying to figure out how to up my chances of getting a bassinet, what worked for any of you. And which airline is better at getting one.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'll be travelling to Israel with a 6 month old baby and I'm trying to get a bassinet for my baby. Is there any way to guarantee a bassinet?

Your 6 month old may not even fit. My 4 month old barely did and she didn’t even like it, so I wouldn’t stress too much. Just get a baby Carrier and learn how to use it so you can. Hold the baby hands free

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:57 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Your 6 month old may not even fit. My 4 month old barely did and she didn’t even like it, so I wouldn’t stress too much. Just get a baby Carrier and learn how to use it so you can. Hold the baby hands free
I flew with a bassinet with a 1 year old in the past and the baby fir alright. It was much easier getting it then. You just booked it and got it. Since when is it not guaranteed?

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:02 pm
It depends on the airline. Elal let's you book it in advance and it is guaranteed. other airlines only give it out at check in so the only helpful thing you can do is try to be at the airport as soon as check in opens (think its 4 hours before flight)

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 12:14 pm
I highly recommend El Al. If you request a seat by the bassinet now, it shouldn't be a problem. The bassinets hold up to an 18 kg baby (almost 40 lbs).

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I flew with a bassinet with a 1 year old in the past and the baby fir alright. It was much easier getting it then. You just booked it and got it. Since when is it not guaranteed?

I didn’t fly el al but I only got it one Way when I flew from BY to Athens with my 3.5 month old/4 month old.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:17 pm
Thanks for all replies and ideas. Any imamothers who actually succeeded by checking in early or were guaranteed by elal? I'd love to hear real experiences.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I wonder if your baby is more petite than mine. I hope you get it. I wouldn’t bother with it going forward

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:43 pm
Only way to guarantee a comfortable flight is booking a seat for the baby. The earlier you get to the airport the more likelihood. We flew often when my daughter was a baby - and maybe got a bassinet roughly 1/4 flights .

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for all replies and ideas. Any imamothers who actually succeeded by checking in early or were guaranteed by elal? I'd love to hear real experiences.

Yes I flew to israel for sukkos and only fly elal when I have a baby as they are the only ones that can be booked in advance from where I fly. It's worked out for me every time.

Just One

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 3:22 pm
Even if your baby doesn't fit in the bassinet comfortably (my 9 month old didn't) a bassinet seat is great. They're right at the front of coach with no seats in front which means you have a large aisle sz space in front of you. We traveled with several kids. For sleeping we spread a blanket and pillows on the floor and they slept comfortably right there. Once they woke they had a place were there were able to color and play with toy cars, puzzles etc that we brought along.

In my experience we were always given the bassinet seat on the transatlantic part of the flight. Maybe we were just lucky 😀

bobeli

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 4:41 pm
It depends on the airline and the plane.
Call the airline and ask the policy and check the plane map by seat guru.
I flew a few times with babies and most times I got a bassinet when booking.
Elal, British and united let you book the seat by the bassinet.
Call the airline, the travel agent doesn’t allow know.
Sometimes you can even book the seat online

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 6:34 pm
It’s a first come first serve. Some airlines let you book in advance on the phone but others only do it in the airport so your best bet is to come as early as possible.
The thing is on many if not most planes, the bassinet seat is the bulkhead which is also extra legroom so people pay extra for it and therefore If someone has booked it and paid for it they won’t move them for a bassinet.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:27 pm
I’ve always gotten one when flying with British Airways (I’m guessing because less babies fly that airline than Elal). They also have a seat that fits in the same place as the bassinet for older babies.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 9:44 pm
I flew Delta this summer. They said the plane only had 2 bassinets and could only be booked at the gate at a first come basis.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:46 pm
I flew ElAl last February, had confirmed bassinet. Because there were babies on flight younger than my daughter, they changed our seats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions