Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How is crohn’s disease diagnosed?
Previous  1  2

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 4:05 pm
I think there is a misconception that IBS is a nothing diagnoses and crohns is serious. Unfortunately in terms of issues my father with ibs suffers way more then my daughter with crohns. And they don’t have the auto immune drugs available for those with IBS to help the symptoms.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 5:24 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

It may be hard to get a young child to comply, however there are ways to do this! Kids with allergies and celiac must also adjust to their specific diets in the context of the classroom.
And if it its way out of someones league (though I'm sure U Mass won't encourage it), I'm sure introducing the concept to a child's diet incrementally is better than nothing.

I've thought about what ifs, and yes, I think I could do it. But it was hard for my child.
I should have said, challenging.

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 7:58 pm
Also make sure the doctor rules out celiac disease which can cause the same symptoms you're describing. Can be diagnosed via blood work and colonoscopy. Don't stop eating gluten until after blood work is done or you could get a false negative .

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 11:30 pm
I have Crohns. Diagnosed with blood work, colonoscopy (which was inconclusive) and a CT scan. I also have yearly MRIs which gives my dr an idea of how active the disease is.
Good luck to your daughter! Hope she feels better! Bh it is very manageable once you find the right medications, it barely gets in the way of my day ti day life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics