Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for a family for my 15ds to board

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 6:07 am
I found a school for him, but they don’t have a dorm. I asked around and came up empty handed. Does anyone know anyone in the Flatbush or Kensington area? I of course prefer a school with a dorm, but I was not successful with the type of school he needs. Please don’t recommend a school because I already did that. Thank you!! If you have a thought of someone, I can pm you with more information about him and what his needs are. When I say needs, I mean food and bed. He is a good, quiet boy. Thank you very much!

nchr

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 6:23 am
You should ask the Yeshiva if they know of anyone who offers room and board for a fee in the area.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 6:36 am
nchr wrote:
You should ask the Yeshiva if they know of anyone who offers room and board for a fee in the area.

Thanks, did that already. It’s a small school.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 8:01 am
Would he be staying for shabbos also?

abound

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 8:19 am
do you know anyone who lives there or who knows someone who lives in that area? It will be easier to get recommendations if people know who you are.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 8:46 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Would he be staying for shabbos also?

Not necessarily.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 8:47 am
abound wrote:
do you know anyone who lives there or who knows someone who lives in that area? It will be easier to get recommendations if people know who you are.

Yes and I asked them already. I can give references, but I don't want to post any of those things publicly.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Dec 23 2019, 1:29 pm
Hi OP
I apologize for posting something that you didn't ask for but I felt I should share.

I recently heard that a boy, an orphan no less, is boarding at my abuser's home. I know people aren't aware what a sicko he is because I never went public about him.

I dont have any good ideas of how to check someone out but on top of telling your child bluntly that people can look normal but be sick like forcing you to do XYZ (be explicit) I think its always safer if there are more boarders there etc.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 6:51 am
There are so many people in Brooklyn. No one knows anyone that might be willing to do it?

abound

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 7:48 am
its hard to contact you since you are anonymous. I will ask around.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 7:54 am
abound wrote:
its hard to contact you since you are anonymous. I will ask around.

I will pm someone if they know someone and then I won’t be anonymous. I don’t want to out myself publicly. And thank you!

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 24 2019, 8:41 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Hi OP
I apologize for posting something that you didn't ask for but I felt I should share.

I recently heard that a boy, an orphan no less, is boarding at my abuser's home. I know people aren't aware what a sicko he is because I never went public about him.

I dont have any good ideas of how to check someone out but on top of telling your child bluntly that people can look normal but be sick like forcing you to do XYZ (be explicit) I think its always safer if there are more boarders there etc.

Horrible. I am so sorry for you. Is there a way to protect this child without outing yourself?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 6:17 am
I’m bumping this up again.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Dec 26 2019, 8:37 am
I was once in your situation. I put ads in the Flatbush Jewish Journal and The Torah Times and local shuls and got a few calls.

There is also a person in Lakewood ,Moshe Stamler, who helps people find places to board (all over not just Lakewood). I think his number is (347)668-2256. If it isn't let me know and I'll try to find it again.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 27 2019, 6:58 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I was once in your situation. I put ads in the Flatbush Jewish Journal and The Torah Times and local shuls and got a few calls.

There is also a person in Lakewood ,Moshe Stamler, who helps people find places to board (all over not just Lakewood). I think his number is (347)668-2256. If it isn't let me know and I'll try to find it again.

Thank you so much!! I will look into them. Greatly appreciated!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 8:14 am
I have been looking this whole time. I spoke to the people that was recommended on here, put an ad in the paper, and asked everyone I know and than some. I got nothing! I’m really desperate! Please, does anyone have any other ideas or know anyone? Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries