Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I’m waiting for today’s miracle
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:51 am
Waking up another day, another negative bank account.

Hashem has given me so many miracles that I am waiting for today’s miracle.

What bothers me the most about being so broke is that we both have multiple jobs and still can’t put food on the table. It’s so so hard to be a mom and tell your kids that no we can’t have chicken for supper bec I don’t even have $20 to walk into the grocery.

Davening hard for a miracle check in the mail to bring my accounts current even tho I know pay day isn’t till Friday.

I have till 11 PM before Chase charges me again with overdraft fees.

Hashem Yaazor!

[0-D0-B36-E8-BA99-4-E39-8253-0-DCD2985990-B

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:55 am
Are you able to borrow from someone until you get paid on Friday? Or even for a month until you are able to pay back etc?
I’m sorry you need to deal with this. I live like this sometimes.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:56 am
I can send you a grocery order. Do you live in Brooklyn?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:06 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I can send you a grocery order. Do you live in Brooklyn?

You are too nice. No I do not. I live in NJ

ysydmom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:07 am
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I have been in difficult situations myself. I have some ideas. Please reach out to your local Jewish Community Counsel there should be ways to receive food from kosher food pantries if there aren't any please call your local UJA, local Rabbi, your kids schools. Someone should be able to assist your family. It may be uncomfortable but you need to tell local administrators about your situation so you don't keep getting stuck. They keep things discreet. I know of schools that send home left over to school lunches to families in need of food, there are Rabbis that make appeals for congregants that need money desperately for various things. There are things that can be done. Perhaps you need to change jobs and find one job that will pay you what you are worth so you can have a better quality of life. Perhaps one of you can get a job in a grocery store and get food on discount. There might be plenty of ways to get assistance. Please reach out to me for more ideas.

Last edited by ysydmom on Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:10 am
ysydmom wrote:
if you live in New York there are many ways to receive assistance that you might not be aware of please pm me so I can give you some advice. I have been in your shoes. There are solutions.

Im on Wic and am not eligible for food stamps

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:11 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You are too nice. No I do not. I live in NJ

Maybe I can call the grocery and do an order over the phone.

sarahmalka

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:14 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

I could contribute to that too. If enough of us provide even $10-20 that could help a lot. It would be my honor to do it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:23 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

You are extremely kind. I will message you with my grocery name. I wish I wasn’t at the point of receiving but I am so desperate Sad

DVOM

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:28 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

As always....

I salute you!

DVOM

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:28 am
sarahmalka wrote:
I could contribute to that too. If enough of us provide even $10-20 that could help a lot. It would be my honor to do it.

Applause

Your amazing!!!

sarahmalka

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:29 am
Mommy3b2c you can PM me and I can PayPal you if you want to do it that way. Whatever works

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:32 am
And there you go, today's miracle, courtesy of the amazing imamothers! Mommy3b2c and sarahmalka I am in tears and in awe of both of you!

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:44 am
I’ve been there :cry
Frantically checking the mail every day I’m hopes of Hashem sending money in any way:(
Bh we are in a better place now I will daven you will come out is it to.
The only way I got through it was not thinking about 2-3 days down the line. Me and DH used to say can we get through today? Yes? Good. Tomorrow we will see what tomorrow will bring.
Hugs hugs hugs. I know how hard it is.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:46 am
I’ve been there OP. Sending hugs.

Mommy2B3c I would also contribute a bit if you can post a PayPal or other link!

Chloe22

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 5:58 am
I could also contribute something if you have PayPal, venmo, or zelle. I've been there.

ssspectacular

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:00 am
I've been there too and want to help.
OP, bezras Hashem, this will pass and better times will come.

Chloe22

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:00 am
I could also contribute something if you have PayPal, venmo, or zelle. I've been there.

simba

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:01 am
Does your grocery store have accounts? Can you call up and make an account with a bogus number and put it up here. Whoever can put in a small amount will call and contribute. Maybe we can cover this shabbos as well that way.

We’ll make sure you have chicken girl! They’re has to be something good that comes out of this crazy site!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 6:46 am
Thank you so much everyone. It means the world to me that you are offering to help me.

I set up a PayPal hashemyazor1234@gmail.com that will go straight to my account if you want to help my family. It’s literally the nicest thing and the biggest chessed.

I have given mommy3b2c all my grocery account info (I don’t want to give it to everyone) and she has graciously offered to send me food. I guess message her if you want to add to her list. Literally anything would help. We are not picky and would use everything. Nothing would go to waist.

Hashem should bentch you all with Bracha and parnassah to always be on the giving end. As I hope to be giving some time soon
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics