Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My baby doesn't pull himself to standing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:46 am
My baby turned one on 1/24, however, he was born 3 weeks early. He is very active, eats well, and jibber jabbers constantly. However, I have some concerns. He has been crawling since he was 8-9 months, however, he only army crawls (and he sure is quick). He can sit up just fine only if he is put in that position. He won't sit up on his own, won't crawl on his hands and knees, does not even try to pull himself up in the standing position and is obviously no where near walking. Is this normal? Should I be concerned? Everything else about him seems pretty normal to me. However, this is my first child and I don't know what to think. Please help!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:49 am
Aren’t you seeing your pediatrician for well visit about now? Best to discuss developmental concerns with your ped and then refer to EI if needed

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:50 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Aren’t you seeing your pediatrician for well visit about now? Best to discuss developmental concerns with your ped and then refer to EI if needed

The doctor said if I want I should call and she gave me their number however I would like to hear other peoples experiences

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:51 am
I normally think almost everything is normal, but I would probably say to get a PT evaluation. Although I don’t know much about milestones and adjusted ages.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:58 am
Where do you live? It would concern me. I took a child with similar issues for ABM/Feldenkrais practitioner for 2-3 sessions and ds was 'set' on right track. Meaning, he started crawling properly, using his palms etc. and progressed rapidly (on his own) to sitting, pulling to stand, and eventually cruising and walking. He was lacking awareness of his own palms and lower arms.

animeme

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:01 pm
I would get an eval. Getting a boost at this age can go a long way.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:13 pm
Another thing, going thru EI will take valuable time. So if its a miner issue, sometimes its worth shelling out $300-500 and getting a few quality sessions than jumping thru all EI hoops and loops and loosing so much time for your child. Like if you apply now, you might only start receiving therapy in another 3 months. (or longer, depends on availability of that specific therapy in the area) Besides which there are very few really competent therapists in the system.
I have a child going down that route. He is receiving 12+ sessions a week. its a pain in the a**.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics