Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Which parent does your kid like more?
Previous  1  2

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:31 pm
Depends for what. My kids love playing with my husband more. He’s very fun with them and plays much wilder than I usually let! Haha! It’s actually awesome to see. He makes them laugh in ways I rarely manage to.

But when they are sick or get a booboo or sad about something? They want Mommy. 100% My husband takes good care of them then too, of course, but they all gravitate toward me for the gentle, nurturing aspects.

More and more, though, my daughter wants Mommy and only Mommy. My boys are fine with either most of the time, but honestly I see them wanting Tatty more and more often, especially my oldest son who is 4.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 6:40 pm
My young kids love totty more. Mommy is with them all hours and totty comes home way later. If course totty is the one!
But I don't take it personally at all. Op, sounds like you're taking it personally. If you have a normal relationship with him and/or your other children, you'll realize how much he loves you later on

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 7:11 pm
I do not care if my kids like me or not. I parent them, I raise them, I love them and let them fly the

nest. Flying the nest is a process that happens at two until they actually leave home.

Sorry, for bisque whose children only call Dad. This is painful. I feel your pain. I wish I could hug you.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:08 pm
I think it's just a phase. It's more common that kids like Mom more:

See this video where kids are asked who they love more: Mom or Dad?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 8:18 pm
When my kids express their delight in Tatty I tell them they have good taste. After all, I picked him myself!

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 27 2020, 1:23 am
Me. At this point I need to thank my ex for being excessively verbally abusive to our kids. I never had to badmouth my ex at all!!!

lech lecha08

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 12:21 pm
My oldest like DH more from about age 1-2. Everything was "Abba". I had a baby a bit after she turned 2 and she switched back to me right when I could have used the extra set of hands.

Now she's fully a teenager and prefers him again
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics