Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
MARCH FOR LIFE-anti abortion rally

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:14 pm
Once again, Pres. Trump makes history. Yet another reason frum people should be thrilled with him.

Trump becomes first sitting president to attend March for Life rally
“Unborn children have never had a stronger defender in the White House,” Trump said, in the first appearance by a sitting president at the annual anti-abortion event.
MSNBC.com

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:35 pm
You realize this conversation will not end well, right?

I'm not a big fan of abortion, but I'm also not a big fan of seeing people on this board fight, when it's obviously not going to change anybody's mind.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Jan 26 2020, 3:40 pm
Yawn. Trump pressured marla maples to abort tiffany. He s no poster child for the pro life movement pls

tsm

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:09 pm
While being pro-life I am also pro-choice. Keep your nose out of peoples bellies. Their decision.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:25 pm
Hmph. Whether I am pro life or pro choice doesn't really matter, but how did I know which poster started this thread before looking at her username?
If you're anti-choice because of an ethical viewpoint, and you feel like it's murder then okay I guess for govt to prevent murder, but if you're at this from a religious standpoint, what happened to separation of church and state? What if this was a decision between a woman and her doctor following her pregnancy, vs a woman with lawmakers who won't necessarily speak to her in person?

Still figuring out my own feelings about this, and will then figure out my own feeling's about it being govt regulated, just asking your basis. I obviously believe that killing humans is wrong, I just don't know how I feel about killing cells that have the potential to be the beginning of a human.

Last edited by shmosmom on Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:32 pm
shmosmom wrote:
Hmph. Whether I am pro life or pro choice doesn't really matter, but how did I know which poster started this thread before looking at her username?
If you're anti-choice because of an ethical viewpoint, and you feel like it's murder then okay I guess for govt to prevent murder, but if you're at this from a religious standpoint, what happened to separation of church and state?
Still figuring out my own feelings about this, and will then figure out my own feeling's about it being govt regulated, just asking your basis.

Dont want to get into this conversation but most people are antiabortion for ethical reasons. It is not really a religious argument anymore. Those who claim it is are very unaware of the prolife movement.

The pro choice on this board dont know the discussion as evidenced on other threads.

I didnt get to go to the March for life this year but it is amazing.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 2:38 pm
Donald Trump expressed pro-choice sentiments in the past.

I wonder if he has had a genuine change or heart about this divisive topic (many have, esp as technology and medicine have revealed just how much fetuses feel, develop, etc.), or if it is a gesture to court the conservative vote.

I am guessing the former, as every Republican president before him has avoided this event completely while still attracting conservative voters.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics