Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
South Bend--Mesivta

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:20 am
Hi I am looking for current info about the (new) mesivta in South Bend. It was just recommended for our son.

Some of my questions for starters:

What type of boys go there?
Do the in-town kollel families and rebbeim send there?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 9:53 am
bumping-- any info would be really appreciated!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:35 pm
I've heard really good things about it and it's growing... Learning is happening but they also make time for the boys to have breathers.
If you want, I can ask my friends who sends her 10th grade son if I can give you her number.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:44 pm
Odelyah wrote:
Hi I am looking for current info about the (new) mesivta in South Bend. It was just recommended for our son.

Some of my questions for starters:

What type of boys go there?
Do the in-town kollel families and rebbeim send there?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

I live in South Bend (which is why I'm anonymous--its a small community). We've hosted the high school boys for Friday night at this point. They seem to be a wide mix--from regular frum/yeshivish to some chassidish. They've come from Chicago to Baltimore. I don't know much about their academics, one of them is a relative of mine and I was told that he'd be more likely to thrive in a smaller environment. There are a few locals, one local boy recently "defected" to a bigger city yeshiva but gave SB yeshiva a try for 9th grade, but it was a personality issue not the yeshiva which is really the case for any boy. I can post the contact info for the rabbi in charge if you want.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:51 pm
We're oot yeshivish and it was suggested for my oldest son but we didn't end up applying but that might give a hint into the type of boys going... Feel free to pm me.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:54 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
We're oot yeshivish and it was suggested for my oldest son but we didn't end up applying but that might give a hint into the type of boys going... Feel free to pm me.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!!

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 3:56 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I live in South Bend (which is why I'm anonymous--its a small community). We've hosted the high school boys for Friday night at this point. They seem to be a wide mix--from regular frum/yeshivish to some chassidish. They've come from Chicago to Baltimore. I don't know much about their academics, one of them is a relative of mine and I was told that he'd be more likely to thrive in a smaller environment. There are a few locals, one local boy recently "defected" to a bigger city yeshiva but gave SB yeshiva a try for 9th grade, but it was a personality issue not the yeshiva which is really the case for any boy. I can post the contact info for the rabbi in charge if you want.

Thank you so much!! I have R. Zeiger's contact info-- I assume that's who you're referring to?

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:01 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I don't know how old your oldest son is-- was this this year or last year? (Just trying to get a sense of the current situation.) If so I will most likely take you up on your very kind offer and PM you with more questions! Thanks so much! Smile

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:40 pm
Last year, we didn't apply because at that point it was smaller and we needed a drop bigger for him with older grades to have boys to befriend (he does better with older kids) but if we were looking for him this year, we very likely might have actually applied...

Odelyah

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 4:47 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Last year, we didn't apply because at that point it was smaller and we needed a drop bigger for him with older grades to have boys to befriend (he does better with older kids) but if we were looking for him this year, we very likely might have actually applied...

OK thank you so much I'm going to try to PM you after my kids are in bed b'ezH Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics