Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Am I crazy for doing this?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:30 am
I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Both girls. They have off from school through Tuesday. I want to take the girls away for two nights and three days (about 2 hours from home) catch is, my husband won’t be joining us, he’s working. Am I crazy for doing this alone? I wasn’t nervous at all till my mom called me last night and begged me not to go. (“What if you get stuck on the side of the road by yourself with 2 little girls?”)

abound

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:34 am
go and enjoy!

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. Both girls. They have off from school through Tuesday. I want to take the girls away for two nights and three days (about 2 hours from home) catch is, my husband won’t be joining us, he’s working. Am I crazy for doing this alone? I wasn’t nervous at all till my mom called me last night and begged me not to go. (“What if you get stuck on the side of the road by yourself with 2 little girls?”)

It's a type. Many women go alone with their kids. I wouldn't do it, but if you think you can handle it, why not go for it??
It's only 2 hours from home, tell your mom that if you're chas veshalom stuck on the road, DH can drive out to help you.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Let us know when you get back. LOL

I've done a lot of things like this that were probably crazy and sometimes very hard, but they're some of my best memories. Go for it!

grace413

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:40 am
You're a great mom. Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:41 am
I actually did it in august but my sister came with me so I had an extra pair of hands. We had a super great time which is what is prompting me to do this again. My sister can’t come this time. But I think I can do it. I mean, how do single moms do it all the time?

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I actually did it in august but my sister came with me so I had an extra pair of hands. We had a super great time which is what is prompting me to do this again. My sister can’t come this time. But I think I can do it. I mean, how do single moms do it all the time?

This is an insensitive comment. For single moms this is unfortunately their reality and they're used to managing alone because they have no other choice.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:45 am
I drove longer than that alone, with significantly more kids but our destination was to stay with family that could provide some help.DH meet us there 4 days later and drove us back. Not the same. Harder in some ways, easier in others... but also a challenge. Where there is a will, there is a way. Hatzlacha!
spoiler: you may feel you need a vacation after;)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:46 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
This is an insensitive comment. For single moms this is unfortunately their reality and they're used to managing alone because they have no other choice.

So sorry. Was not at all intended to be hurtful in any way and I apologize if it perceived this way.

healthymom1

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:50 am
Do it!

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:53 am
It sounds like a wonderful opportunity to create memories!

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No you’re not crazy. Do it! You’re a responsible adult. You’ll be fine.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:41 pm
Do it! You are capable! You will feel great that you did it. Go! You have my blessing 😀!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:51 pm
Get Triple A and go enjoy yourself. I went 4 hours away every summer with littles ones. I never had car trouble BH.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Is your husband an auto mechanic? Does he always bring his tools with him? If not, what's he going to do if he gets stuck? Probably what you would do, or anyone else would do -- use your cell phone to call AAA.

Go. Enjoy.

amother
Apricot

Do it! It's really not a big deal . Once you do it once alone you'll see that it is really not a big deal . Besides , 2 hours is really nothing . What's the big deal ?

provent

I would do it with no second thoughts.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Unless your car is especially unreliable, that's a pretty outlandish thing to say.

Have fun!

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 1:06 pm
Do we share the same mom?
Go. Go. Go.
Just curious, where?

iammom

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 1:18 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Is your husband an auto mechanic? Does he always bring his tools with him? If not, what's he going to do if he gets stuck? Probably what you would do, or anyone else would do -- use your cell phone to call AAA.

Go. Enjoy.

He can always come and pick up the family. Or switch spots with OP so she doesn’t have to wait on the side of the road for AAA for hours.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics