Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
How do I politely get my Rabbi to respond to me/my husband'?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:45 pm
So how do I find one? Seriously.
If I ask a local Rav of a different Shul, they ask where you daven and tell you to call your Rav.

ruby slippers

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Shul Rabbi.
Btw, I asked my question yesterday at the end of the work day, as he also works in a school, but before dinner/maariv/the shuir he gives Monday night. 30 hours later, still not a word.
I guess I am also still a little hurt from when many months ago, my DD had surgery andI texted him at 6am to please keep her in mind that morning in davening (DH was going with me to the hospital and would not be in Shul) never heard back-no Refuah Shelemah, no text later in the day-how is she. It is a fairly small community (~150 families) had I told him in Shul the Shabbos before, I would maybe understand his not remembering as I know he is busy and has a lot on his mind, but respond Refuah Shelemah on the spot, you don't even need to remember later. Or have the Rebbitzen call.
How does one find a new Rabbi to ask questions to? I find that school Rabbi's tend to not answer shailahs, and nobody wants to answer for someone else's congregant as they assume (mistakenly) that you are either overstepping or shopping for answers.

That's so wrong. You need to meet with him and tell him that he is letting you down as a congregant and are wondering why he does not respond unless you nudge.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 1:14 pm
eema1 wrote:
That's so wrong. You need to meet with him and tell him that he is letting you down as a congregant and are wondering why he does not respond unless you nudge.

Would love to. Have DDs in shidduchim. Call me a wimp or whatever you want, but I wouldn't dare until the kids are married off.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 3:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would love to. Have DDs in shidduchim. Call me a wimp or whatever you want, but I wouldn't dare until the kids are married off.

Not a wimp. Lacking a true understanding of cause and effect. HaShem makes the shidduch. Flattering a Rav shows lack of Emunah in HKBH.

To paraphrase the WhatsApp I received yesterday, you just need to do what is right (ie politely raise your legitimate concerns). The let HKBH do what is life.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions