Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are $100 kosher wigs from alibaba or AliExpress good?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:55 pm
Are they good quality? Are they really kosher?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 1:52 pm
Bump

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 2:02 pm
If they are shades of black or brown, and are straight and very sleek, then you can be sure that they are Asian hair.

Anything other than that will definitely be dyed, processed, and of questionable origin. Honestly, I think that Indian hair is much more expensive, so I'm doubting that you can get it for $100.

I saw a wonderful documentary about a man who goes out to farm villages and pays women with long hair the going market rate, PLUS quite a bit extra. About 4 months wages or more. Then he pays his workers, mostly women, a fair living wage to make the wigs. Everything is done in house, and ethically produced.

It was really sweet watching him talk to the women selling their hair, making sure that they really wanted to cut their hair, giving total consent, etc. He even brought a beautician with him to style their hair so they could feel beautiful, instead of just chopping it off.

https://www.insider.com/fair-t.....018-9

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 4:51 pm
Not a single label that comes from a Chinese company should be considered honest. They copy the labels of other brands and also the hechsher. No, they definitely don't have a hechsher themselves! Side note, I don't hold that a wig needs to have a hechsher, but you seem to. If you do care about that you should only buy from a company you trust. Never trust a Chinese company.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 5:08 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Not a single label that comes from a Chinese company should be considered honest. They copy the labels of other brands and also the hechsher. No, they definitely don't have a hechsher themselves! Side note, I don't hold that a wig needs to have a hechsher, but you seem to. If you do care about that you should only buy from a company you trust. Never trust a Chinese company.

Bingo.

sarad216

Post Tue, Feb 25 2020, 8:17 pm
Ladies honestly where do you think all the other sheitels come from ... they all come from china.. ive dealt with so many suppliers who top companies buy from. Now unless you pay over 3k for shevys who imports their hair from russia and then has their supplier from china actually making tbe wigs for them. Its the cheapest labor.. honestly a lot of ladies r strating to buy from china bec u get it for fraction of the price and if you really know your stuff about sheitls u can get a really decent pwice thatll last u 4 5 yrs thats equaivalent to 1 t 2 k here in ny...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics