Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HELP!!! possible BED BUGS!!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:19 pm
Can someone please help me! I have been getting itchy spots for the last 2 weeks. What are the signs of bed bugs???

thriver

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:22 pm
I believe when we were concerned, the exterminators put sticky mouse traps on the legs of the bed. If there are bedbugs, they would stick to them on their way up. Yuck. Hope it’s something you can take care of quickly and efficiently. If you are really more suspicious that it might be bedbugs, bring in the bedbug sniffing dog.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:30 pm
Look for tiny spots on your sheets- look like pen marks. Check the mattress itself. Look for small red shells.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:32 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Look for tiny spots on your sheets- look like pen marks. Check the mattress itself. Look for small red shells.

Yes I think I found 1 of these!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:35 pm
Can someone please calm me down, I live in the UK where it is pretty uncommon, but J heard of someone that recently had and they had to get rid of all their furniture and any clothes that could not be washed on 60°. Is that correct?? I honestly can't afford it and cant sleep!

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone please help me! I have been getting itchy spots for the last 2 weeks. What are the signs of bed bugs???

There are so many reasons you could be itchy. Don't waste time and emotional energy worrying about what it could be. Call an exterminator to check for bedbugs and make an appointment with a dermatologist to check for everything else.

By the way, you can often see bedbugs on the edges of the mattress if they're there. Google where to look.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:44 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
There are so many reasons you could be itchy. Don't waste time and emotional energy worrying about what it could be. Call an exterminator to check for bedbugs and make an appointment with a dermatologist to check for everything else.

By the way, you can often see bedbugs on the edges of the mattress if they're there. Google where to look.

I will book someone straight in the morning, but I think I found 1 that is the reason for the panic....

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:50 pm
Don’t worry yet! I once had bed bug few years back and it was only found in my bedroom only!

malki2

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:51 pm
Google picture of bedbug bites. They are very distinctive. Compare them to your rash and see if that’s what you have.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 12:24 am
Bed bug bites are usually about 3 dots in a row. and very itchy.
When we had them, it was only in my bed in the box spring. They like wood. When exterminator opened and sprayed it and we covered the mattress and box spring with bed bug protectors it went away. We did not take apart the house.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:14 pm
Three weeks ago we found bedbugs. Don’t do anything before you bring in a k9 dog to see which rooms are effected. The first exterminator we brought quoted us over $3800. After the k9 dog we realized it was only two spots. We called another exterminating company who treated only the effected areas for a little over $800. Bh we haven’t seen any signs since. The k9 dog is scheduled to come back tomorrow and the exterminator is scheduled for 30 days after the first treatment.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I will book someone straight in the morning, but I think I found 1 that is the reason for the panic....

OP, I was thinking about you. Was it bedbugs?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 3:14 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
OP, I was thinking about you. Was it bedbugs?

I have someone booked to come on Monday and have moved out for now coz I can't take the bites.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics