Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Flared classic black skirt -- help!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:50 am
The moths got to my winter skirts and I need to replace at least one pronto.

I am looking for a classic, simple black wool, wool blend or very good synthetic flared skirt, midi length. This will be my "A list weekday" look, for work meetings and other occasions where I need to look very pulled together and a bit stylish, so I am willing to spend on the right one.

Has anyone seen anything like that?

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:54 am
Anyone?

The 2 stores I went to in BP did not have slenderizing skirts. The 1 skirt I own pimpled.

lcraighten

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:04 am
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076.....dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z.....dp_it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:06 am
OP here. I ended up finding it on the Marks and Spencer website. I live in America but international shipping was only $5 and the skirt was very reduced. It is exactly what I wanted and cost under $30! I wear it several times a week and get lots of compliments. Think out of the box!

lcraighten

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:08 am
So cool, can you post the link?

happinessseeker

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:09 am
https://miamod.com/collections.....85837

Great skirts

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:19 am
Hi. It's marksandspencer.com/us

The skirt I got was called " A-line midi skirt", but it appears to be sold out. (Which would make sense for a skirt that was reduced from $78-23.50.) I originally saw the skirt when it was full price and monitored it to see when it would go on sale. I was hesitant about ordering from so far away but it turned out great.

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:46 am
Unless your 5'7 or taller, an a-line skirt is not going to be slenderizing (even in a size 0). Try a jumper with a blazer or sweater.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 2:44 pm
nchr wrote:
Unless your 5'7 or taller, an a-line skirt is not going to be slenderizing (even in a size 0). Try a jumper with a blazer or sweater.

I am 5'3 and not thin (although not fat,sort of mommy medium) and I find that it is very flattering if I belt it or keep the top relatively narrow. My slim daughters (aso petite) look terrific in a line skirts. And we would all look awful in a jumper-blazer combiation. So, it is probably a case by case thing.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 2:55 pm
Not all A-lines are cut the same. Some are more gradual and some flare out very quickly from the top.

It also depends on your body type (pear, apple, etc)

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 3:12 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Not all A-lines are cut the same. Some are more gradual and some flare out very quickly from the top.

Yes. Exactly. We learn with time what works. (That's why my clothes all look alike 😊.)

nchr

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 4:03 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Most of those clothing for your body type advice columns (or at least the ones I've read) say that petite/short women should avoid a-line skirts, but people can buy what they like. Amother lemon stated that the stores she went to did not have slenderizing skirts so I was explaining why that may be.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 5:56 pm
I'm quite short. I have a line skirts that did wonders for me because the drape started lower down. Others didn't flatter me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics