Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Save The Date - Pesach 2020
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 11:15 pm
Been dreading 2020 since 2009 (the last th/fr/shabbos Pesach.) There is no way I can turn over only the Sunday before (which is what I used to do when first married and when my kids were little.) Also, I think I'm for sure keeping Pesach the Shabbos after as well. I didn't go to bed till 4am after Pesach this year (I turned back everything by myself and I just couldn't move quickly) so there is no way I want to do that and have to make Shabbos the next day. The good news is that the following year, erev Pesach is Shabbos which I like because I can for sure (iy"H) get a nap before the Seder.

Otherwise I really dislike three day Y"T. We hold that you absolutely cannot take a shower so it is very difficult especially Shavuos. Also, b/c of a condition, I wash my hair every day. It doesn't get dirty, but it gets so itchy that I always get first dibs for a shower after Y"T. 2 days are bad enough but three days and for Succos and S"A/S"T, 3 days twice in quick succession is just awful.

Oh well!

Emotional

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:14 am
When it comes to 3-day yomim tovim, I think loving it vs. hating it depends largely on two factors:
1) the weather. (Three-day rain and humidity, anyone?)
2) the moods and attitudes of the people in whose company you are spending yom tov. (Some people just tend to suck all the oxygen out of the room. I don't enjoy spending a holiday sharing living quarters with family members who force me to take a bath in their feelings.)

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 3:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lel Haseder 2020 is on Wednesday, April 8th.
Forewarned is forearmed.

Anyone know of any programs like the Florida one where you have your own home but can get Pesach catered for you? Making a Bar Mitzvah a few weeks after Pesach 2020. 😱

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 3:42 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Been dreading 2020 since 2009 (the last th/fr/shabbos Pesach.) There is no way I can turn over only the Sunday before (which is what I used to do when first married and when my kids were little.) Also, I think I'm for sure keeping Pesach the Shabbos after as well. I didn't go to bed till 4am after Pesach this year (I turned back everything by myself and I just couldn't move quickly) so there is no way I want to do that and have to make Shabbos the next day. The good news is that the following year, erev Pesach is Shabbos which I like because I can for sure (iy"H) get a nap before the Seder.

Good news?! Can't Believe It Good that you warned me. Personally I'm not crazy about Lel Haseder on Motzaei Shabbos to put it mildly. Never mind. Forewarned is forearmed.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 4:07 am
As long as I don't have to go the mikvah on Yom Tov I'll deal with any arrangement Tongue Out Tongue Out Tongue Out .

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 8:08 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Anyone know of any programs like the Florida one where you have your own home but can get Pesach catered for you? Making a Bar Mitzvah a few weeks after Pesach 2020. 😱

Mazal tov!! Me too :-) My dons birthday is the last day of pesach, so I’m not sure exactly when his party will be.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:17 am
I don't understand. Don't we all say לשנה הבאה בירושלים at the seder? Is it just lip service that's not believed will happen? Or will we still have 3 days of yom tov when mashiach arrives? I would really like to understand

mommyhood

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:25 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I need constant lip balm. Shabbos is hard, two yom tov is even harder, and a three day yom tov... ouch...

This is the hardest part of yontif for me. I discovered spray lotion a while ago (and confirmed with my Rav that it's allowed) and it definitely helps. It doesn't feel the greatest on my lips but it's better than nothing.

cozyblanket

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:39 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I don't understand. Don't we all say לשנה הבאה בירושלים at the seder? Is it just lip service that's not believed will happen? Or will we still have 3 days of yom tov when mashiach arrives? I would really like to understand

We all want Moshiach to come, but that doesn't mean it will be this year. Is the amother with a bar mitzvah not supposed to book the shul for a kiddish? Of course we do what is practical and we will be thrilled to change all of our plans beH when moshiach comes.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 8:24 pm
Bumping this old thread. Remember when we freaked out last year while comfortably thinking I’ll figure it out when it gets here? Well pesach is in exactly 10 weeks. Time to figure it out.

Am I the only one who is starting to stress out?
I have no idea when to turn over my kitchen.

Not to mention I just finished reading the thread again and was reminded of the isru chag erev shabbos that I had forgotten about. How will I turn over, shop and cook chometz for shabbos the day after pesach?

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 8:37 pm
Lamaze breathing...

elisheva25

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 8:43 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Lamaze breathing...

Lol lol lol

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:15 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
Lol lol lol

My dd is due to give birth Erev pesach...
Why am I the one doing the deep breathing?
Ommmm

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:25 am
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Bumping this old thread. Remember when we freaked out last year while comfortably thinking I’ll figure it out when it gets here? Well pesach is in exactly 10 weeks. Time to figure it out.

Am I the only one who is starting to stress out?
I have no idea when to turn over my kitchen.

Not to mention I just finished reading the thread again and was reminded of the isru chag erev shabbos that I had forgotten about. How will I turn over, shop and cook chometz for shabbos the day after pesach?

I remember telling my husband one year that we're going to have matzah for Shabbos. B"H I made challah.
What you can do is, if you turn over early enough, before Pesach (can't do this deliberately on chol hamoed) make extra for that Shabbos, I.e. make an extra batch of soup. potato kugel, etc.

OR, just cook very simply for isru chag Shabbos.

I hope you have a chag that is as sameiach as it is kasher!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:28 am
aricelli wrote:
I will use the extra time to shop
Online for six inch heels.
(I’ve suddenly gotten a taivah for this- just gotta see what it feels like to - whats the word- sashay?)
Thanks for the heads up.

Hope you have a good podiatrist too.... Very Happy

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
My dd is due to give birth Erev pesach...
Why am I the one doing the deep breathing?
Ommmm

If you are anything like my mother in law, if you live locally you will end up with her kids at your house!! B’sha’a Tova, it should all go easily, smoothly, and quickly!!

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 9:48 am
cozyblanket wrote:
We all want Moshiach to come, but that doesn't mean it will be this year. Is the amother with a bar mitzvah not supposed to book the shul for a kiddish? Of course we do what is practical and we will be thrilled to change all of our plans beH when moshiach comes.

R levy of Berditchev would write on wedding invitations

The wedding will be in Yerushalyim

If chas v shalom, mashiach doesnt come due to our numerous sins
The wedding will be in Berditchev
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics