Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Have you ever forgotten to do something imp for kid?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Yes, when my eldest was a newborn, just a few weeks old, I once completely forgot to buckle her into her carseat. I noticed in the mirror while driving that she was slumped strangely all of a sudden and pulled over to check on her. I was horrified to find that she was just lying in the carseat on top of the harness. I am so grateful BH that nothing happened on that drive. Even a small car accident might have been very serious.

I once drove my toddler home from school and when we parked, she said “Want to hear something funny? I’m not even buckled!”
I was shocked! Bh it was a short drive and nothing happened but she was really small! I have no idea how I forgot.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 10:47 pm
One time I forgot to pick up my kid from school when he was little. Usually my husband did after school pickup, but we had a schedule change for some reason and I was suppose to pickup that day. I get home at 5pm and realized I forgot the kid. Eeek! Luckily there was no traffic and I went back to the school and picked him right before aftercare was done.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:03 pm
I once overslept and didn’t go pick up my kid from playgroup.

My mom was very very sick. It was the summer she passed away. I didn’t know the difference from night and day. I was with her in the hospital at night. I took a nap in the morning. It was a Friday. I woke up suddenly and realized that it’s really late and I have a few missed calls. I groggily ran out of the house all the way to get him.

The playgroup teacher was really nice about it!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 11:47 pm
When my kid forgot a white shirt for his siyum....thank God his rabbi allowed him to call home.

Now I hang all important stuff about my kids on my entrance door....when a kid leaves I check if he needs anything from home

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 3:26 am
I'm always reminding all the parents on WhatsApp or those that dont have WhatsApp on sms all the important stuff like rosh chodesh or swimming etc.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 7:51 am
I forgot about my son's 1 year well visit

blessedflower

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 8:03 am
We are human and mistakes happen. I know it's not the teachers responsibility but I feel that they can make the difference. They should have spare for this situation or let the parents know.
I remember as a kid I lost my lunch bag it wasn't the teachers fault but if only she called my mom. My mom wouldn't have been able to come but she would have told her to buy something and she would repay. Instead I was left without food and water till 5 pm on a hot summer day outside in a park. I'll never forget how thirsty I was

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 4:21 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
I once completely forgot to send challah when my child was Shabbos Abba. Luckily the school had extra but I felt terrible.

At one point when I was either pregnant or postpartum my daughter was assigned to bring in a specific fruit to make a fruit salad (maybe for Tu b'shvat?) and I didn't have it in the house and wasn't able to go grocery shopping and DH had too much on his plate to run out again at night so I contacted the Morah and told her what I had in my fridge and told her I would be happy to send any of those items. The Morah understand and DD was happy to contribute something and didn't really care that it wasn't the assigned item.

I really appreciate it when teachers give a good amount of warning that they need us to send something in and then a reminder the night before. I'd almost rather they buy whatever they need in bulk and ask the parents to send in the money to pay for it.

Argh! My preschooler just brought a note home today that she needs to bring a certain fruit in on Monday in honor of Tu b'shvat. Of course I already did my shopping for the week today while said child was in school. Hello, a little more notice please!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 4:30 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
One time I forgot to pick up my kid from school when he was little. Usually my husband did after school pickup, but we had a schedule change for some reason and I was suppose to pickup that day. I get home at 5pm and realized I forgot the kid. Eeek! Luckily there was no traffic and I went back to the school and picked him right before aftercare was done.

Oh, I did something like this too!

I had a baby at the beginning of the summer and sent our older child to a camp that ended at 3 even on Fridays. Then we had a couple of weeks off and the older child started preschool. The first Friday afternoon I was zoned out nursing the baby when the school called to ask why I hadn't come to pick up my child. I was so out of it I hadn't even realized school ended so early on Fridays because I was used to the summer schedule.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics