Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Aderes hs in lakewood
Previous  1  2

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 4:06 pm
Can anyone tell me more about this school?
Did it start already this year?

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Sep 05 2019, 4:17 pm
I would also like to know info...does anyone have a phone number for the school?

superstar

Post Sun, Sep 15 2019, 9:53 am
bump

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 8:08 am
Bumping this up. Does anyone have information on the school? How is the academic level of the school?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 2:35 pm
Bump
Anyone with information regarding what type of crowd goes there? Any heimish families?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 7:12 am
Bumping this up.

Any down sides to be aware of?

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Dec 20 2020, 12:48 pm
We are bh very happy, very warm school with a very nice mix of girls. A lot of work but they help girls that have a harder time

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:38 am
Bump

Would this school be an option for my daughter who is not academic but she is still willing to try very hard? Meaning she’s not a student who is irresponsible. She just has a harder time grasping the material and taking tests but she doesn’t give up. We are a yeshivish, working family. DD has a friend who will go to Aderes next year (friend is a sibling). Should we try for aderes or will she just feel too pressured? There really aren’t too many options and in general school IS academic.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:46 am
Aderes might work. It’s academic but not pressured.
Also try meon and chedvas

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:27 pm
I teach in Aderes. Fantastic school! Learning level is high, but there is zero atmosphere of marks competitiveness among girls- probably because the value system in the school (starting from hanhala) is one that celebrates friendliness, good middle, eagerness to learn, sincerity, etc. - NOT high marks and "perfect students". Girls that need modified tests get them, and there are Catapult teachers around... its just not such a big focus or spoken-about issue.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
I teach in Aderes. Fantastic school! Learning level is high, but there is zero atmosphere of marks competitiveness among girls- probably because the value system in the school (starting from hanhala) is one that celebrates friendliness, good middle, eagerness to learn, sincerity, etc. - NOT high marks and "perfect students". Girls that need modified tests get them, and there are Catapult teachers around... its just not such a big focus or spoken-about issue.

Thank you so much for this! Is there a stigma if a girl takes a modified test?
My daughter is currently in a pressured academic school (8th grade) and she says that it’s very embarrassing to ask for a modified test. I heard that in some high schools there is no stigma for modified tests but some high schools it’s looked down upon.

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 4:34 pm
No stigma. You just ask your teacher, and she works it out with you. Its not used to define social rank (or lack thereof). Girls will be given "chashuv" jobs even if they are weak students - which is not the case in many local schools!

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:08 pm
Thank you amother hunter!

amother
Tuberose

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:25 am
Would someone please help me out?
I was under the impression that Aderes high school is similar to Bais yaakov or maybe Bais Shaindel and I wanted to apply.
I just spoke to someone who told me aderes is not like that at all. She told me it’s a mix between Bais kaila and chedvas.
Now I’m really confused.
Can someone explain what type of girls/ families are in that school?
We are yeshivish. My daughter goes to camp Bais yaakov in the summer. My husband is working but learns every day too.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jan 27 2022, 8:45 am
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
Would someone please help me out?
I was under the impression that Aderes high school is similar to Bais yaakov or maybe Bais Shaindel and I wanted to apply.
I just spoke to someone who told me aderes is not like that at all. She told me it’s a mix between Bais kaila and chedvas.
Now I’m really confused.
Can someone explain what type of girls/ families are in that school?
We are yeshivish. My daughter goes to camp Bais yaakov in the summer. My husband is working but learns every day too.

From the people I know that send there, I would say the bolded is accurate. Though someone recently told me that they are trying to move more to the right, and that this year they have actively targeted oldests from more Yeshivish families.

That being said, my family is yeshivish, my DH is still learning and in Klei Kodesh, my DD goes to CBY in the summer, and we send our girls to Bais Kaila.

Every school has every type, and people focus on different aspects of a school based on what they value. For example, even though we're more on the yeshivish side, we sent our DD's to BK because we value what they have to offer (a wholesome school experience with focus on a student's strengths, academic opportunities without pressure, etc....)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics