Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
ENOUGH S/O's!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 12:16 pm
What's the whole point?

You reeaaallyy want to know how large families cope?

Or you reeaally want to "understand"?

Because you are planning on having a large family and imamothers will teach you how to do it?

Come on. ENOUGH. Let the mothers of large families care for them and go have yourself a cup of coffee.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 3:42 pm
If you have a problem, don't open the thread

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:23 pm
It reminds me of something I once heard an eating disorders therapist say. (I know it’s not exactly the same, but similar concept, bear with me.) People get all up in arms when we try to promote respecting everyone and every size because “being fat is unhealthy”. Suddenly, we’re all concerned about a stranger’s health status, when we don’t think twice about the health of skinny people we see. There are fat and skinny unhealthy people and fat and skinny healthy people, and everyone deserves respect.

On a similar note, there are dysfunctional homes with no kids, 1 kid, 15 kids, and everything in between. There are beautiful functional homes with no kids, 1 kid, 15 kids, and everything in between. But no one feels a need to post a thread “I’m not judging, just really want to understand, how do people manage with 4 kids. I mean I’m sure some people can but I know people who had major dysfunction. I had 3 siblings and I’m still recovering from the trauma.”
Instead, suddenly people are sooo concerned about the dysfunction in other people’s homes who have a lot of kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics