Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Anyone have the stearns n foster mattress pad?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 30 2020, 10:32 am
I have the stearns n foster mattress. If the mattress sags and theres any stain they wont guarantee it unless their mattress pad was used. The thing is tht its very expensive. I was wondering if its comfy and does it cause u to sweat? (As some ppl report)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 11:43 am
Bump

Amarante

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 4:08 pm
I recently bought a new mattress and did a LOT of research before purchasing it.

From what I read, I wouldn't rely on a warranty because essentially they will not disclaim liability for sagging as normal wear and tear. I certainly wouldn't get a more expensive item for warranty purposes. If the mattress is good quality and you maintain it properly, it will last for as long as it should last.

FWIW, I DID buy an expensive bed bug cover. I have never had bedbugs but this is my KH against getting them.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 12:13 pm
Amarante wrote:
I recently bought a new mattress and did a LOT of research before purchasing it.

From what I read, I wouldn't rely on a warranty because essentially they will not disclaim liability for sagging as normal wear and tear. I certainly wouldn't get a more expensive item for warranty purposes. If the mattress is good quality and you maintain it properly, it will last for as long as it should last.

FWIW, I DID buy an expensive bed bug cover. I have never had bedbugs but this is my KH against getting them.

Ye I keep wondering about that. Thise warranties usually come with strings attached

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have the stearns n foster mattress. If the mattress sags and theres any stain they wont guarantee it unless their mattress pad was used. The thing is tht its very expensive. I was wondering if its comfy and does it cause u to sweat? (As some ppl report)

I have a different mattress. Their warranty includes sagging. But if there are any stains it invalidates the warranty. We bought waterproof and breathable mattress pads at Elegant Linen when we bought the mattresses 4 years ago. BH the mattress pads really protect from wetness and stains. They were costly but not crazy expensive.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I have a different mattress. Their warranty includes sagging. But if there are any stains it invalidates the warranty. We bought waterproof and breathable mattress pads at Elegant Linen when we bought the mattresses 4 years ago. BH the mattress pads really protect from wetness and stains. They were costly but not crazy expensive.

Do u know which brand u got?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It's their brand mattress pad.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

mom of many kih

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:34 pm
Amarante wrote:

What mattress did you end up buying? Im looking to buy for master bedroom.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 5:59 pm
mom of many kih wrote:
What mattress did you end up buying? Im looking to buy for master bedroom.

Depends on your budget and size of mattress. I am very happy with stearns & foster. I actually had an issue (defect) with one mattress that was promptly replaced by local heimish retailer I bought it at.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 6:34 pm
Amarante wrote:

Most reputable companies (stearns and forster, sealy, serta, beautysleep/simmos, chattam&wells etc.) come with a 10 year warranty.

Amarante

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I bought a mattress that is a local brand that was recommended by the store I bought from. If anyone lives in Los Angeles, it is a great store owned by a lovely frum man - It is Legacy Mattress near Venice Boulevard.

The best way to purchase a mattress is to take enough time to actually test on mattresses by lying on them for a fair amount of time. That way you can get a true sense of what it would be like to sleep on them. The store that I bought from has a 30 days no questions asked return policy but I had no need to return it.

I tried all three kinds of mattresses - inner spring; memory foam and latex mattress and went with somewhat of a compromise as I got a mattress with a latex foam comfort layer with the type layer being merino wool covered in cotton which is supposed to be kind in terms of temperature - keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. I would have loved to get a full latex mattress but it was out of my budget at the time because I was also purchasing an adjustable bed frame. But I really love my mattress as it feels like I am sleeping on a supportive cloud. The core construction is high density foam (not coils or not memory foam).

Some people love memory foam but I found it too swallowing and difficult to move in.

On the subject of beds and comfort, I absolutely love my adjustable bed frame. At this point I don't know how I slept without it and don't particularly look forward to sleeping in a regular bed Very Happy

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:28 pm
Amarante wrote:

I absolutely love my adjustable bed frame. At this point I don't know how I slept without it and don't particularly look forward to sleeping in a regular bed Very Happy

Sounds great. I'm looking at the Legacy website - which base did you choose?

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:56 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Sounds great. I'm looking at the Legacy website - which base did you choose?

I got a Leggett & Platt based on reviews of the brand. When I researching there were certain features that were important to me in my adjustable bed frame

I wanted a wireless remote control - wall hugger - I.e. when the head of the bed comes up you are still close to the wall which means that you can more easily access your night stand. Like cars, there are other features that come bundled and some of those proved to be functional as well. Mine has USB ports for charging as well as LED lights under the bed and pillow tilt.

ETA Mine also has an App for the iPhone which is nice but it is nit the most reliable app because it needs to be constantly rebooted. When it works, it’s great because it is one less remote I need n my bed.

If you are in Los Angeles, you should stop in to view various options and mattresses because although I buy many items on the internet, I think you should test drive a mattress and an adjustable bed frame.

Last edited by Amarante on Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:07 am
Amarante wrote:

If you are in Los Angeles, you should stop in to view various options and mattresses because although I buy many items on the internet, I think you should test drive a mattress and an adjustable bed frame.

Many thanks. I'm not based in LA at the moment, but I did speak to someone at Legacy. (Joseph?) Hope to make arrangements when I get back.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:11 am
Many thanks. I'm not based in LA at the moment, but I did speak to someone at Legacy. (Joseph?) Hope to make arrangements when I get back.

You would probably have spoken to Joseph as he is the owner. For sure it can wait until you get back to LA as I think it makes sense to buy a mattress where you are located. His delivery crew was great as they set up the adjustable frame and mattress perfectly and it was delivered exactly at the time I wanted.

He is so knowledgable about mattresses. I went to all of the "name" stores that are located on La Brea to check out mattresses and wound up with him. I told him what I thought I wanted in a mattress and he made a suggestion and then I tested it and a few others and bought the one he had thought I would wind up buying Very Happy He really knows his stuff and is a real mensch.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:15 am
Amarante wrote:
He really knows his stuff and is a real mensch.

Excellent. Really looking forward to getting this done. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Amarante

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:17 am
Excellent. Really looking forward to getting this done. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Glad I could make a shidduch with Joseph/Legacy. LOL

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:19 am
LOL

seafood

Post Wed, Jun 21 2023, 12:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I know this is an old thread but ramom or anyone else who knows - maybe you can answer my question. I would like to buy this mattress cover but when I called elegant linen they said they either have a waterproof mattress cover for 30$ or a comfort one for 80$ that is not waterproof - any idea which one you got?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics