Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Hungry every five minutes
Previous  1  2

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:21 am
Here are some portable snack ideas that are not too junky and that my kids like:

Yogurt (if you get the squeeze one, won't make a mess in the car
Popcorn
Almonds
Granola bars or protein bars
Cheese slices with crackers
Rice cakes with melted cheese
Applesauce pouches
Apple slices with individual portion peanut butter
Grapes

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:36 am
Yogurt with a straw
Apple slices- take a minute to slice
Hard boiled eggs
Melba toast
Baby carrots
Clementines ( he can peel himself)

nchr

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:46 am
Is he also extremely thirsty? If so, then I'd go to his pediatrician to rule something out.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 10:48 am
nchr wrote:
Is he also extremely thirsty? If so, then I'd go to his pediatrician to rule something out.

This.
And sometimes not drinking enough can make one feel hungry.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 11:04 am
Thank you everyone for the ideas!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 12:40 pm
Check out the Division of Responsibility by Ellen Sattyr.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
5 y/o ds is hungry every few minutes! I can't keep up with it anymore. I don't know if he's bored, hungry for love, or seriously hungry for food.

Ex. This morning he ate a bowl of cottage cheese with olives. Drank water. 15 minutes later, hungry again.

Yesterday after school, 3 individually wrapped wafers and a cheese stick, drank water, claimed he is still hungry.

Is this normal??? I'm losing my mind.

It sounds like you’re not giving him enough food. By a bowl of cottage cheese, do u mean a small bowl? That’s not enough food. Nor are 3 wafers and a cheese stick. Give him more nutritious food, with a protein and veggie at every mean and a larger portion,

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 31 2020, 2:21 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
It sounds like you’re not giving him enough food. By a bowl of cottage cheese, do u mean a small bowl? That’s not enough food. Nor are 3 wafers and a cheese stick. Give him more nutritious food, with a protein and veggie at every mean and a larger portion,

It was a big bowl. With olives that were sprinkled with olive oil. It should have filled him up for at least an hour no?
He essentially eats 3 breakfasts some days. Once when he wakes up, at the crack of dawn, then a sandwich while waiting for the bus, then again in school.
Im realizjng now that the mornings when I make them eggs and toast and salad and "iced coffee" (whole milk with a drop of chocolate syrup) he only eats once till lunch. Maybe he'll have a small snack in the middle but that's it.

I guess I need to work on making full filling breakfasts and dinners every single day, no matter what is going on.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children