Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
This is interesting

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:07 am
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:22 am
Doesn't surprise me. They've always publicized the s-xualization of women.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 11:48 am
This is like American Apparel all over again. In both situations, the bad actors were powerful Jewish men. I know that there are lots of non Jewish men who are zexist jerks, but when the Jewish ones get publicity it's a shanda.

The mainstream modeling and fashion industry is absolutely rotten to the core. I do not understand why mothers don't explain this to their daughters and protect them more. I also don't understand why people insist on coddling and even encouraging men's bad behavior.

When I was a teen I was on the verge of being a somewhat successful model in San Francisco. Nothing nationwide, for sure, but the extra money was nice. Then one day at a photo shoot, I had a photographer try to get me away from the other girls, and to take my clothes off. I was only 15, and he knew it! I refused, and stayed with the group.

The next day I complained to my agent, but she just smirked at me. The photographer stayed, and I got very few bookings after that. I ended up quitting out of frustration.

My parents raised me to know that getting naked in front of strange men was not a good career move, never mind the fact that it was morally wrong. Why don't these girls know that? The whole situation from top to bottom makes me so sad, and so furious.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics