Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What food to pack? Long flight with kids
Previous  1  2

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 3:11 pm
Stars wrote:
Can a person with airborne allergies also never take public transportation? I'm never comfortable feeding my kid bamba or a pb sandwich on the bus or train but I see others doing it all the time.

Everyone has to do what's safe for himself. I can tell you that someone with a truly severe airborne allergy would not risk it. They don't expect the world to be peanut free. I also know people with airborne allergies to egg and fish.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 3:19 pm
I personally wouldn't take peanut products into public places. My kids school has a no nut policy. I know its allowed on public transport usually but I like to keep it away from crowds whenever possible. You can do what you want though.

Teomima

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
I personally wouldn't take peanut products into public places. My kids school has a no nut policy. I know its allowed on public transport usually but I like to keep it away from crowds whenever possible. You can do what you want though.

But this is such a cultural thing. In Israel Bamba is everywhere, and it wouldn't occur to most people to not eat it in public places/on public transportation.

OP I'm really happy you started this thread, I've gotten so many good ideas already! I've traveled with kids before (I usually bring cut fruit and veggies, plus individual servings of pretzels, dried cereals, etc. And candy/gum for the kids for takeoff and landing!) but every time I'm dealing with different ages so I need to rethink my options. This has been very helpful!

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 3:38 pm
Teomima wrote:
But this is such a cultural thing. In Israel Bamba is everywhere, and it wouldn't occur to most people to not eat it in public places/on public transportation.

OP I'm really happy you started this thread, I've gotten so many good ideas already! I've traveled with kids before (I usually bring cut fruit and veggies, plus individual servings of pretzels, dried cereals, etc. And candy/gum for the kids for takeoff and landing!) but every time I'm dealing with different ages so I need to rethink my options. This has been very helpful!

Yes I agree. I'm from the uk...

And yes thank you op there have been some great ideas
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics