Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What do you do in the early evening?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 6:06 pm
I work from home so by I would say 545-6 dinner was made and served. Homework is done or finishing up. And I just crash on the couch I am just sitting around holding the baby playing on my phone or talking on the phone . Or just talking to my kids but totally wiped out . ( But totally available to anyone that needs ) I always think like what should I be doing ..... I need a break from my day and don't want to do chores at this time my kids are all doing their own things by this point . Reading, crafting ,playing or just whatever but I feel guilty like Maybe I should be doing something more, but like what . My kids can shower themselves .now my house is not perfect at that time but like I said I have had a long day and feel done anyway is it better for my kids to see me doing housework or chilling?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 6:08 pm
It’s ok to chill. That’s what I do. I don’t do any housework after dinner is served and homework is done .

simba

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 6:10 pm
Enjoy your downtime guilt free.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 6:12 pm
It's good for kids to see you relaxing too. If they want to shmooze then they can see that you're available etc. Enjoy your time! We all need to recharge our batteries

amother
Black

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 6:39 pm
From 7-8 I chill. Sometimes we’re still finishing dinner, and then I relax on the couch. At 8 I start cleaning up etc.

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 8:56 pm
I chill.
Often for longer than I should but I once spoke to my therapist about it and she said we need to stop feeling guilty about everything. If it is hard to get up and we feel exhausted or we feel like chilling, it is because our bodies need it. It's okto relax, contrary to popular belief, us women don't need to be running on 10 constantly.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 9:00 pm
I do the same. I need to veg out a bit after dinner. DH doesn’t relate. After a whole day of work he still has energy to go, go, go and is forever suggesting projects or activities we can do to be more productive. 🤦‍♀️

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 9:50 pm
Go you! Enjoy your down time. I am just walking in the door 5:45-6. Kids are walking in with me. Homework has not been done. Dinner has not been made. But the kids and I still need downtime before any of it can get started.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 10:26 pm
Thanks all definitely feel better now just always felt I should be doing something more like it would make me a better mom . Not even sure what else I would do .

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:13 am
U sound just like me, I do the same . After dinner im done for the day. All I can do is throw in a load in the washer , then I sit either play a game with my son , or I lock myself in the room with my phone , kids lnow its me time , or simple as is I chill . I happen to feel some times like my evenings are so long, sometimes I just sit around waste time and do nothing but its my resting time as well.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:46 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I do the same. I need to veg out a bit after dinner. DH doesn’t relate. After a whole day of work he still has energy to go, go, go and is forever suggesting projects or activities we can do to be more productive. 🤦‍♀️

Me too...🏃🏃🏃🤷
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics