Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What age do you leave your child alone in the bath?

zaftigmom

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:09 am
I'm wondering what's generally considered age appropriate. I tend to be very anxious about these things and my husband is more relaxed. I'm happy to do things his way if it's actually safe. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. He never leaves them completely alone but he'll grab a towel from the room next door with the little one in the tub and with the big one he'll leave long enough to get the little one dressed in the room next door. It's within earshot and he checks in with her every couple minutes. What do you do with your kids?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:25 am
I do similar.
I also wash the bathroom while the little ones are having fun and splashing, so I make good use of my time Wink

Rappel

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:32 am
I don't think there's an age for it. There are other factors in place, like the size of the child, the depth of the bathwater, the kinetic ability of the child... Judge each situation as it is.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 4:52 am
Safety rules say never leave a child 5 and under unattended around water, even for a moment, even around just 2 inches of water.

banana123

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 5:10 am
Five or six.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:13 am
I'll leave the bathroom to go do something real quick in the room next to it (for like 1-2 mins) while my 4 year old is taking a bath but I tell him to keep talking/singing the whole time so I can hear that he's OK. That's only a recent thing, not something I would have felt comfortable doing when he was 2.
It really depends on the child. I wouldn't leave and go upstairs where I couldn't hear him. I don't know at what age I'll feel comfortable doing that.

teachkids

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:14 am
I’ve heard of having the border line ages sing or keep talking so you know they’re ok, but I wouldn’t do that before at least 4 or 5
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics