Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Would you go to Sloomoo today? Corona virus concern?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:36 am
Is it safe to go to the slime museum in manhattan? It’s in china town. We already have tickets.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:04 am
Yes. Go and have fun.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:05 am
no definitely not I would not go to anything in china town

why take a chance

just not worth it

joss3

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:16 am
OP pm me if you’re not going, I’ll buy your tickets. Smile

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:35 am
if you are really thinking to go please at the very least call your dr/pediatrician or CDC and ask what they suggest

seriously, you think people were freaked out about measles?

This corona virus 19 is way worse, less known about it, and can be transmitted through germs on surface, as well as cough, sneeze, etc by an infected person 2 weeks prior to that person showing any symptoms.

So yes I would definitely err on the side of caution.

There is a reason airlines all over the world are refusing to fly in and out of china, borders sealed, and millions quarantined, 5 million people travelled out of the quarantine area prior to quarantine. Do the math. No need to panic but caution greatly advised.

Cases are exponentially increasing daily. If in contact then quarantined two weeks to see if virus expresses itself.

Geulanow

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 12:06 pm
https://www.amny.com/editorial.....town/

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 1:13 pm
It’s not a PC issue for me and my family- good luck— to each her own
I said people not Asians- if someone or a group locale or population have a higher risk yes barring a compelling reason you bet we’ll avoid it
No cure and no vaccine as of yet
Is been declared a global emergency/pandemic

nchr

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 1:20 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
if you are really thinking to go please at the very least call your dr/pediatrician or CDC and ask what they suggest

This corona virus 19 is way worse, less known about it, and can be transmitted through germs on surface, as well as cough, sneeze, etc by an infected person 2 weeks prior to that person showing any symptoms.

There is a reason airlines all over the world are refusing to fly in and out of china, borders sealed, and millions quarantined, 5 million people travelled out of the quarantine area prior to quarantine. Do the math. No need to panic but caution greatly advised.

Cases are exponentially increasing daily. If in contact then quarantined two weeks to see if virus expresses itself.

Actually the novel coronovirus is less contagious than measles. It is also highly unlikely that you'll come into contact with it and it would need to be close contact as opposed to breathing in air. There is no threat to the general public in the US at this time. This coronovirus is also looking more like a flu than its brother/sister MERS and SARS; however, that doesn't mean it is a joke, just that it is not a reasonable threat to the US at this time.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 1:28 pm
Corona, Measles, SARS, ebola, Zika, swine flu.... zzzzzzzz..... Please just live your lives. This hysteria is unfounded.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 1:48 pm
Chinatown is not China.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

Measles is way more contagious

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0......html

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:18 pm
Just because it’s called china town and there are Chinese people around doesnt make it wuhan.

Anyone coming in from China the past week has been quarantined.

Honestly if you’re not going to go there good luck being cooped up at home for the next month or so until they figure it out.

Go, wash your hands don’t touch uour face until you’ve washed well - WELL! And take lots of hand gel.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 6:41 pm
We went and had a great time!

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 7:12 pm
at my local nail salon at the entrance it says if you have a cough come back another time
because of the corona virus and signs all over the nail salon
my uber driver coughed the whole time

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 7:22 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Corona, Measles, SARS, ebola, Zika, swine flu.... zzzzzzzz..... Please just live your lives. This hysteria is unfounded.

Lol yeah you’re right! Those diseases are all NBD. It’s vaccines that are the problem in the world now right?

Miri1

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 10:03 pm
nchr wrote:
Actually the novel coronovirus is less contagious than measles. It is also highly unlikely that you'll come into contact with it and it would need to be close contact as opposed to breathing in air. There is no threat to the general public in the US at this time. This coronovirus is also looking more like a flu than its brother/sister MERS and SARS; however, that doesn't mean it is a joke, just that it is not a reasonable threat to the US at this time.

I dont think anyone is claiming to have definitive information on this virus, it is very new and still being studied.

nchr

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 11:26 pm
Miri1 wrote:
I dont think anyone is claiming to have definitive information on this virus, it is very new and still being studied.

We cannot currently say how many cases there have been (vastly unreported) or what the exact mortality rate is.

However, it is known to be factually accurate that it not as contagious as measles (if that would be the case virtually the entire world would be infected by now and that is not how coronoviruses spread) but more contagious than SARS or MERS, spreading more like the flu. We also know that not all cases are severe so many in China have not be reported. Even with the lack of reporting, the mortality rate is lower than SARS and MERS and since there are tens of thousands of cases unreported, its actually mortality rate thus far is lower than statistics show. That is what is being promulgated by the CDC and WHO.

That doesnt mean it is a joke because it is still a serious public and global health concern. It's mortality rate is also higher than the flu (but closer to that of the flu than of SARS and MERS). Obviously at risk groups like the elderly and immune compromised have the greatest risk.

Also, because it is novel, no one has immunity so the question is how it will behave in the summer, how we will be able to stop it, etc. and how will we treat it (we have tried some novel concepts).

Over the next few weeks we should have a better idea of the actual mortality rate since presumably China is implementing better testing methods as well as hopefully a better hand on it and keeping it outside of countries besides for China.

We also essentially stopped SARS by practicing hand washing so that would be the number one for everyone, anywhere, all the time (with or without coronovirus).

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 9:20 am
As of now reports are that in every 2 in 100 people who contract coronavirus will be fatal.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Feb 21 2020, 10:27 am
Sloomoo is awesome!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries