Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Seeking Shabbos robe in Jerusalem. Open to ideas!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 3:01 am
I would like a Shabbos robe but haven't purchased one for many years and I'm not sure exactly what I want. I want it to be nursing-friendly but I'm not even sure what that would look like. I'm not really in "chareidi" surroundings and so I am not sure what would do the trick and yet not feel too "chareidi-fashion" to me. Maybe a nursing-friendly "robe shirt" as I've heard described?

Any thoughts? I need something sturdy/machine-washable, Shabbos appropriate, doesn't feel like pyjamas... I don't need to leave my house in it, but I need to feel comfortable opening the door to visitors.

I currently wear maxi dresses, one I got on Amazon and one from Debby's Dresses, but the Amazon one feels like very thin cotton and sort of underdressed, and the Debby's Dresses one is nursing-friendly which is great but it's sort of stretched out (or maybe it was always maternity friendly) and it isn't very flattering on me. I'm short which probably doesn't help much. Also I'm often cold in both of them--would be nice to wear something warm and cozy on Friday nights so I don't need to layer with a sweater.

Oh. And I DON"T want to wear black! Burgundy, dark purple or teal, or some sort of print can work.

Or suggestions of where to go?

Ideally somewhere that I can easily get to by car (has reasonable parking nearby) or light rail... But I am flexible and can take buses if there's a destination that seems promising that's best gotten to by bus.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 3:15 am
Chad V'chaluk in Geula opposite One of a Kind. There is another store at the corner.
Also Famix towards the top of Malchei Yisroel has nice options, they may not be as fancy, but I found them nice and comfortable.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 5:07 am
Thank you!

I'm going to sound a little foolish here, but I don't know my way around Jerusalem at all. Are both of these places (Chad v'chaluk/One of a Kind and Famix) at all near each other? Can I get myself to one and then walk easily to the other?

I don't think I need fancy--I live in a pretty casual (and as I said, non-chareidi) place--and I definitely need comfortable, so do you think I should try Famix first?

Thanks!

Rappel

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 5:12 am
I know you said you want to buy in Jerusalem, but if you're interested in shopping online, then try searching for "abayas." That will basically basically ensure you'll find long modest dresses, in a variety of styles and colours.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 5:17 am
Thanks... I will try it!

I prefer to shop in person because I’m really short/small and many things don’t fit. But I’ll take a look!

Teomima

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 6:52 am
Not exactly a shabbos robe, but if you go to Malcha there's really nice maternity and nursing clothing and you might be able to find a nursing robe/shirt/dress that meets your requirements at either H&M (their maternity/nursing section is near the children's section) or H&O (they carry Motherhood brand clothing at their Malcha branch, as you go in, on the right and back, near the dressing rooms).

essie14

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:00 am
would you be interested in something like this?
https://www.asos.com/new-look-.....51992

Asos ships to Israel for free if your order is above a certain amount.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!

I'm going to sound a little foolish here, but I don't know my way around Jerusalem at all. Are both of these places (Chad v'chaluk/One of a Kind and Famix) at all near each other? Can I get myself to one and then walk easily to the other?

I don't think I need fancy--I live in a pretty casual (and as I said, non-chareidi) place--and I definitely need comfortable, so do you think I should try Famix first?

Thanks!

Malchei Yisroel is Geula. Chad V'chaluk is on the parallel street one over. (I have trouble with names)
There is another robe store, I think it’s across from URI’s pizza.
Some are made for nursing, but any robe with a front zipper can be worn with a sleeveless shell for easy nursing.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 6:47 pm
loli I think its called on geula they have beautiful pieces
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions