Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Nice manhattan restaurant

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:27 pm
where to eat that's nice with ambiance, good food but not ridiculously expensive?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:35 pm
Eighteen is fantastic
Talia's is another great choice

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 1:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
where to eat that's nice with ambiance, good food but not ridiculously expensive?

AIUI, Reserve Cut has a $26 weekday lunch for Restaurant Week. If you can do that, I highly recommend it.

In NYC, you pay for ambiance. And I don't know what "ridiculously expensive" is to you. But I'd say look at Talia's (with the Groupon), Le Marais ONLY if you go early (too noisy and crowded later), Arba, Sunflower (not at all fancy, but at least not people on top of each other).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 10:07 pm
Ended up in La Marais. Did go late and it was noisy but very enjoyable and great food.

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:00 pm
For future reference, when we want nice ambiance and good food but without spending a fortune, we head to Abigael's and leave satisfied every time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:05 pm
doctorima wrote:
For future reference, when we want nice ambiance and good food but without spending a fortune, we head to Abigael's and leave satisfied every time.

I had been there once two years ago. It does have nice ambiance but we weren't too happy with the food.

ETA: La Marais wasn't very budget-friendly either, let's not kid ourselves. But a steak was 40-50 instead of 80-90

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had been there once two years ago. It does have nice ambiance but we weren't too happy with the food.

ETA: La Marais wasn't very budget-friendly either, let's not kid ourselves. But a steak was 40-50 instead of 80-90

Le Marais always has lower priced options on the menu. My husband gets the steak frites salad for $25 and I get the roast chicken for about the same. Many high end restaurants done have options at those price points

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Le Marais always has lower priced options on the menu. My husband gets the steak frites salad for $25 and I get the roast chicken for about the same. Many high end restaurants done have options at those price points

We wanted meat.
In any case, their cocktails are mean!

sarahmalka

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ended up in La Marais. Did go late and it was noisy but very enjoyable and great food.

I'm so glad you went there, I love that place! Was going to post it here as a recommendation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics