Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Free indoor things to do w/ kids, up to2 hours from Lakewood

anonymrs

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 8:34 pm
Anyone have ideas for things that I can do with my kids up to 2 hours away from Lakewood? Looking for ideas. They're all under 10 yrs old. Thanks!

sky

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:17 pm
This is outdoors - Passaic has a synthetic skating rink with free skate rentals. We just did it and had a lot of fun. And easier then real ice.

My kids love to do driving activity - they take turns saying turn left or right and we end up in pretty interesting areas. Normally I make sure there is a fun ending - like driving through a car wash or stopping in a five below store and everyone can pick something. My kids thought that was their favorite trip ever at one time.

There are also a few small indoor nature centers in county parks nearby But they are all small. It depends on your kids personalities if they would enjoy them.
Huber woods
Jakes Branch
Cattus Island

sky

Post Mon, Feb 03 2020, 9:32 pm
Atlantic City recycling center - you have to call in the morning and see if they will give you an appointment. They give you a tour of recycling center. My kids could spend hours watching the sorting. Then they drive you in a van through the dump explaining how it works.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 2:30 am
Library
Walmart
Mall

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:01 am
its raining in lakewood I can't travel far wish there was a free event like they had some years
this year theres nothing Sad

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:05 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
its raining in lakewood I can't travel far wish there was a free event like they had some years
this year theres nothing Sad

If you’re home anyway, make it fun!
Do an arts & Crafts project... bake something yummy, take out all your dress ups.. if you need to get out, go to bingo or target or bagel store for lunch.

sky

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:36 am
The nature centers I listed are indoors.

We’ve also gone to dollar store and bought ceramics - mugs and bowls. And letter stickers.
Then go to michaels and get oil based markets - there is an off brand that is 1/2 price of sharpies - it’s harder to find.
And decirate and bake ceramics.
The price isn’t too bad and my kids have a great time.
Like this brand
https://www.michaels.com/fine-......html
And use coupons at michaels

Chayalle

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:12 am
Drive down to Kennedy Airport - I remember my kids they were younger, we went to see my sister off to seminary, and then took a "train ride" around the airport between the terminals, and we saw planes take off. It was the highlight of their summer.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 11:29 am
Chayalle wrote:
Drive down to Kennedy Airport - I remember my kids they were younger, we went to see my sister off to seminary, and then took a "train ride" around the airport between the terminals, and we saw planes take off. It was the highlight of their summer.

Newark airport is a lot closer and they also have a train
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries