Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Am I crazy for doing this?
Previous  1  2

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 1:21 pm
Go!!!

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 9:26 pm
its 2 kids. not 10 . you will be totally fine. go.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Jan 29 2020, 9:29 pm
For sure go !

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:03 pm
We went and a great time was had by all! I have to say I am pretty impressed with myself Smile it was by no means a vacation for me but the kids had an amazing time and we bonded in ways that we don’t at home. Now we’ll always have these memories to cherish!

Stars

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:09 pm
Unless the two year old is a runner I would do it.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We went and a great time was had by all! I have to say I am pretty impressed with myself Smile it was by no means a vacation for me but the kids had an amazing time and we bonded in ways that we don’t at home. Now we’ll always have these memories to cherish!

Glad it worked out! Where did you go?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 8:40 pm
So happy to hear it worked out!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 9:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Fantastic! So happy you went!

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
This is an insensitive comment. For single moms this is unfortunately their reality and they're used to managing alone because they have no other choice.

I'm a single mom and I don't see how it's insensitive to say "if single moms can do it all without a husband, then I can probably handle a 3-day trip without one." And I'm pretty easy to jump at people who say things like "DH is going away so I'm going to be a single mom" because that is not at all the same thing.

Anyway, @OP, you are not crazy. 2 hours is not so far. Close enough that in a worst case scenario you could find a way back. You have to know your personality and your kids, though. My kids were pretty tame at 6 but some 6 year olds need almost as much watching as the 2-year-old.

OK I just read on and saw that OP already went. Glad it worked out. Curious where you went that was so great, I have a weekend off coming up and could use ideas!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 12:59 am
Booked a hotel with an indoor pool in The Catskills. Did a lot of swimming. We did snow tubing, build a bear and pizza and ice cream Smile

chanchy123

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 5:08 am
OP, thanks for the update.
I always wonder what people ended up doing when they ask for advice. It's not just curiosity. Whenever I look up something I see tons of answers, many times conflicting answers and it's good to know what did or didn't work in real life.

Teomima

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 6:43 am
Go! It's not far from home. I've traveled much further, for much longer, with more kids, on my own. I can see how it's not for everyone but once you just do it, it's really no big deal. Have fun! Create memories!

ETA just saw you already went. Good for you! I'm so glad to hear it worked out well!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics