Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Is is really worth to travel this year?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:08 am
I was wondering if there are actually people not going away to hotels this year since pesach falls out completely different then the past several years?

Sunshineforever

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:16 am
What do you mean?

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:32 am
This year Pesach falls out on Wed night so the first days we have a three day YT. Then Pesach is over on Thursday night so we have that 24 hour scramble to turn kitchen back into Chametz and get ready for Shabbos.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:33 am
Do you because 3 day YT? Wouldn’t that actually be a plus? Uninterrupted chol hamoed?

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:52 am
I go away BH most every year. People who go away do so not only to enjoy Chol Hamoed but primarily so they don’t have to make Pesach at home. The way YT falls this year we will actually be away for 13 days in total (because it takes time to get to our destination and we can’t get home for Shabbos) so while Chol Hamoed is shorter we have a few extra days before and after to enjoy the area we will be

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:52 am
Dh family is going to orlando and we are staying back. This isnt the only reason but it going to be a full 2 weeks this year and its a bit much for me as an introvert to be around everyone for that long. They are staying till after shabbos post pesach. I think its a good year to just be home with my kids

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 4:53 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Do you because 3 day YT? Wouldn’t that actually be a plus? Uninterrupted chol hamoed?

I am talking about traveling to another country and then only having two days chol hamoed to see the country.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 5:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I am talking about traveling to another country and then only having two days chol hamoed to see the country.

How so? I’m traveling to another country. We have erev YT, 3 days of Chol Hamoed and erev Shabbos.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:08 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
How so? I’m traveling to another country. We have erev YT, 3 days of Chol Hamoed and erev Shabbos.

Its 2.5 days Chol Hamoed. Tuesday night is already second days. You can’t travel a long distance on Tuesday.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its 2.5 days Chol Hamoed. Tuesday night is already second days. You can’t travel a long distance on Tuesday.

That’s silly. I’ll be at a hotel. I don’t have to cook or clean. Candle lighting on Chol Hamoed will be 8pm where I will be. I can easily be out till 6pm. That’s a full day to me.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:40 am
We travel every year-husband insists. We sometimes come home for second half, but I don't think I'd do this this year cuz not enough time to turn back over before Shabbos. We'll have to buy some stuff the day we come back, or try to get invited out for the Shabbos meals.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Feb 04 2020, 7:42 am
Yes.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:16 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
That’s silly. I’ll be at a hotel. I don’t have to cook or clean. Candle lighting on Chol Hamoed will be 8pm where I will be. I can easily be out till 6pm. That’s a full day to me.

Where does yom tov start 8 Pm?

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:29 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
We travel every year-husband insists. We sometimes come home for second half, but I don't think I'd do this this year cuz not enough time to turn back over before Shabbos. We'll have to buy some stuff the day we come back, or try to get invited out for the Shabbos meals.

Not sure who is going to be up for inviting guests but if anyone would be it should be the ones who didn’t make pesach. Hi Just MNSHO.

Mayflower

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where does yom tov start 8 Pm?

Europe.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:41 am
Mayflower wrote:
Europe.

And program is making minyan on time or early yom tov?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics