Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Easy non- perishable MM

LO

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 1:50 pm
Hi! I just had a baby and would like to prepare my mishloach manos before going back to work right before Purim. Have no freezer space this year (usually I do a soup and challah roll or something similar), and need something non-perishable (and pref. cheap and easy) that I can make in advance. Would love ideas! Thanks!

Wife1

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 1:52 pm
Do a sparkling grape juice with a chocolate in cellophane

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 2:20 pm
LO wrote:
Hi! I just had a baby and would like to prepare my mishloach manos before going back to work right before Purim. Have no freezer space this year (usually I do a soup and challah roll or something similar), and need something non-perishable (and pref. cheap and easy) that I can make in advance. Would love ideas! Thanks!

I despise "soup in a jar" and "cake in a jar" type things, but they're inexpensive and non-perishable. (CYLOR as to whether they count for MM, as they need to be cooked; I would think not, but I've gotten them, so maybe I'm wrong.)

Jam?

Flavored vodka?

And mazel tov.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 3:00 pm
LO wrote:

Keep an eye on the sales flyers and buy a small box of chocolates and affix a small liquor bottle with a bow around the neck.

dankbar

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 7:34 pm
box of waferrolls.
dried fruit.
nuts.
chocos.

You can dip half of each dried fruit in chocolate.
pretzels dipped/covered in chocolate sprinkles makes a nice presentation. You can buy ready or make your own. You can also do pretzel rods.
fruit leather.
halva.
You can dip large marshmallows in Choco sprinkles on a stick.
Any bought nice cookie or if baked you can keep wrapped for few days without putting into freezer.
layered salad without dressing you can put into fridge.
Dips you can make advance & keep in fridge. Send with crackers.
You can make soup a few days in advance & put into fridge. Or you can ball jar them. in mini jars.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 8:51 pm
You can buy a couple of things of approximately the same size and shape and then stack them and wrap them in colored cellophane and tie it on both ends to look like a wrapped candy.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 9:22 pm
You can do an easy homemade granola (search on Kosher.com for granola, I think it's esty's recipe- there is a video for it) super simple and soooo yummy. Pack it in a cello bag and attach to a boxed cappuccino.

(anon because we've used this granola a few times for MM and I tell everyone how good & easy it is)

dankbar

Post Wed, Feb 05 2020, 11:57 pm
Choco barks you can wrap
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics