Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Iso for a pediatric orthopedist / Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 10:44 am
My son hurt his foot could be a broken bone looking for great pediatric orthopedist.

Thanks!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 10:52 am
pediatric orthopedics in neptune, NJ
Phone: (732) 897-4200

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 10:54 am
Thanks. They have no available appointments till mid February.

real israeli

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 10:56 am
That makes no sense. Tell your pediatrician to call. I’ve gone a few times - always that day or the next. They leave appointments open for emergencies

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 11:00 am
did you tell them that it is an emergency and for a broken bone? If you just asked to schedule an appointment, they may have assumed that you wanted a routine appointment.

Also, have your pediatrician call ahead for you.

If not, ask your pediatrician what he/she advises. We have been sent elsewhere but I heard that different pediatricians recommend a different next option.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 11:04 am
I was at the pediatrician. No available appointments! I'm on the cancellation list 😞

small bean

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 11:06 am
Go to any of the xray places like shore imaging.

You will then know if it is broken or not.

Who is your pediatrician? What do they reccomend to do?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 11:06 am
[quote="amother [ Chartreuse ]"]did you tell them that it is an emergency and for a broken bone? If you just asked to schedule an appointment, they may have assumed that you wanted a routine appointment.

Also, have your pediatrician call ahead for you.

If not, ask your pediatrician what he/she advises. We have been sent elsewhere but I heard that different pediatricians recommend a different next option.[/quot

Yes , I told them. I have an appointment by a podiatrist later in the afternoon but would really prefer a orthopedist. Which is what he really needs. Or I can go to the emergency room which I really want to avoid.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 11:08 am
Is that Dr. Weissman's office? I remember on one occasion when DD fractured her elbow, they had no available appointments in Neptune, but were able to see me in another office, I think it was closer to the Old Bridge area - down the 9 North. It wasn't too far - maybe like 45 minutes.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 11:11 am
I took a child to Kimball (after hours on a weekend, based on pediatricians recommendation). they have a separate entrance for imaging and it took under an hour.

I know that my pediatrician trusts North Dover Radiology on Route 70.

I would avoid a podiatrist if it is above the ankle.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 1:07 pm
I got an appointment bh with Pediatric orthopedics in Neptune.

Thanks!

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 1:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got an appointment bh with Pediatric orthopedics in Neptune.

Thanks!

That made no sense! They always take emergency fractures. Once I had to drive an hour away to another one of their offices for a broken wrist but they never told me not to come for a few days! Happy you only have to drive to Neptune!
Btw/ I heard that the urgent care office on cederbridge and New Hampshire had x-ray equipment and for minor fractures they can cast with a soft (removable) cast. This is good to know for after hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics