Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bag ban in NYC
Previous  1  2

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 6:33 pm
I lived in Cambridge, England without a car for a couple of weeks this summer. You get used to not getting bags pretty fast. I saved bags and folded them and stuck them in my belly bag. It's like carrying your phone with you. You get used used to it. It's not a big deal away all. You then realize you can combine purchases from different stores in the same bag.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 6:41 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I lived in Cambridge, England without a car for a couple of weeks this summer. You get used to not getting bags pretty fast. I saved bags and folded them and stuck them in my belly bag. It's like carrying your phone with you. You get used used to it. It's not a big deal away all. You then realize you can combine purchases from different stores in the same bag.

It also means you need to spend money to purchase bags for diapers, garbage cans, carrying things in the rain, and the hundreds of other things we use plastic bags for. We go through an average of 40 bags a week, I have two kids in diapers

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 6:50 pm
small bean wrote:
I'm not a fan of bans. I'm just saying my opinion on bags.

You're entitled to your opinion. But it would have come across better stated in the first person rather than the second person. You may be happy not to have bags. I will not be.

gamanit

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 7:53 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
It also means you need to spend money to purchase bags for diapers, garbage cans, carrying things in the rain, and the hundreds of other things we use plastic bags for. We go through an average of 40 bags a week, I have two kids in diapers

Switch to cloth diapers and you won't have that issue Compress (I'm personally against this bag ban for many many reasons) Happens to be cloth diapers aren't very difficult at all especially if your plumbing system can handle the flushable liners.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 8:34 pm
gamanit wrote:
Switch to cloth diapers and you won't have that issue Compress (I'm personally against this bag ban for many many reasons) Happens to be cloth diapers aren't very difficult at all especially if your plumbing system can handle the flushable liners.

I'm overwhelmed enough as it is so cloth diapers are not happening here. Plus our plumbing system is ancient, we used one roll of Charmin toilet paper and the sewage backed up badly

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 9:43 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

Get a diaper genie.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 06 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Get a diaper genie.

It may be cheaper to just buy plastic bags- I buy rolls of doggy waste bags for dirty diapers
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics