Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Does it gross you out?
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 9:20 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I get very upset when guests take or let their little kids take from a platter with hands and put back and choose something else -- often repeatedly. Like mother hands the kid a choc chip cookie and the kid takes it from her but then looks at the platter and says, "no, I want that one!" Mother takes back cookie one and returns it to the cookie platter and gives child a 2nd cookie. "No, not that one! That one!" Another exchange takes place. By the time this is done the mother and the kid have both handled 50% of the cookies. YUCK!

I stopped going to a bakery when I saw a boy around 10yo (who should know better!) touching every single boureka on display. Hundreds of them. He would squeeze them to see which one had the most filling.

I complained to the manager, and he said "It's OK, he's just a kid." I told him "I do not want to buy your germy, smashed up food." and walked out. I've never set foot in that bakery again, even though it was right across the street from my apartment. I get grossed out just thinking about it.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 9:44 am
I posted earlier about what goes on at my in laws. I forgot to mention that I can’t be together for a meal with my sister in laws kids. They’re NOT the cleanest kids and touch everything at the table but worse. One kid stuck his hands into the soup pot to get a matzah ball. One kid stuck her whole face into the water pitcher. One kid takes salad with her hands. And the parents don’t do a thing about it. Not sure if they’re oblivious (the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree) but she actually thought it was cute when her daughter stuck her head into the pitcher. We can’t be together with them anymore. (Besides the fact that her kids get away with anything and everything because she believes in not punishing or consequences and it really affects the way we are mechanech our children)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 9:46 am
Frantic frummy you reminded me, not too long ago there was a thread here about people of a specific non jewish origin who shop at a big store in bp which shall remain unnamed that has at their israeli section uncovered barrels of food like olives and pickles and nuts and other stuff. These people in particular stick their hands in those buckets.
Even though I shop sometimes at this store, I avoid those open bins.

tichellady

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 10:44 am
No, does not gross me out.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Feb 07 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I posted earlier about what goes on at my in laws. I forgot to mention that I can’t be together for a meal with my sister in laws kids. They’re NOT the cleanest kids and touch everything at the table but worse. One kid stuck his hands into the soup pot to get a matzah ball. One kid stuck her whole face into the water pitcher. One kid takes salad with her hands. And the parents don’t do a thing about it. Not sure if they’re oblivious (the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree) but she actually thought it was cute when her daughter stuck her head into the pitcher. We can’t be together with them anymore. (Besides the fact that her kids get away with anything and everything because she believes in not punishing or consequences and it really affects the way we are mechanech our children)

Sounds like when I went to a friends house one shabbos afternoon and she's cutting up fruit for a fruit salad and two of her little girls come running in from outside and ask to mix the fruit and they use their hands to mix up the fruit in the bowl - hands! from playing outside! And then my friend offers me fruit salad. Seriously? Is there any chance I'm eating that? But what do you do? Tell your friend she's gross and her kids are gross? There is nothing you can do but lie and say you're still full from lunch. (And never, ever, ever accept an invitation to eat at her house).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette