Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Areas in NYS near Brooklyn?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 10:07 pm
Hi, my husband really wants to move out of Brooklyn.
We want to be close enough to commute possibly 3 times a week for my current job. Possibly have the children continue to go to schools in Brooklyn, get related services (o.t. p.t. speech etc). Kollel is a plus.
Any ideas?

Other option is to move to NJ but I really am concerned about losing services for my children, as well as changing jobs.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 10:08 pm
Five towns?

amother
Babypink

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 10:09 pm
Staten island, Queens, Five Towns, Long Island

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 10:16 pm
Thanks
Are there any hidden gems small communities? Cheap housing?

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 10:17 pm
Sea gate is very nice. Is it in Brooklyn?

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 11:13 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Sea gate is very nice. Is it in Brooklyn?

Yes it is in Brooklyn

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 12:59 am
If you are worried about keeping your kids services but want a more suburban lifestyle check out far rockaway and bayswater. They are both part of NYC nothing will change about services. I don't know how old your kids are but plenty high schoolers travel to and from Brooklyn to school from the area. There are also plenty of kollels in the area. No hidden housing gems but Bayswater, Inwood and the area near Darchai in Far Rockaway will be the cheapest. Inwood though is part of the five towns so you will have to transfer your services to Nassau County.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:36 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
If you are worried about keeping your kids services but want a more suburban lifestyle check out far rockaway and bayswater. They are both part of NYC nothing will change about services. I don't know how old your kids are but plenty high schoolers travel to and from Brooklyn to school from the area. There are also plenty of kollels in the area. No hidden housing gems but Bayswater, Inwood and the area near Darchai in Far Rockaway will be the cheapest. Inwood though is part of the five towns so you will have to transfer your services to Nassau County.

Thank you so much! I will look into it more.
I have no idea about each communities types/crowd they have. We are looking for a more out of town feel in regards to warmth and community. Which areas would you suggest?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 8:35 am
Assuming that you specifically need nyc and all areas in the five towns are out, I would suggest bayswater over far rockaway. It is more out of town and warm. I would not write off Far Rockaway tho, many lovely people live there too!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating