Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Accidents 5YO

amother
OP

Post Sat, Feb 08 2020, 5:51 pm
My almost 5 YO is still making lots of accidents. He uses the bathroom very frequently after drinking. Sometimes a few times in the hour. When searching his symptoms it comes up as an overactive bladder. Anyone has experience with this and how to treat it?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:17 am
My son at 4 years old started having accidents. At first it was just wet accidents and at one point it became dirty accidents. I thought it was behavioral turned out he was constipated and it was pressing on the bladder causing wet accident and would make dirty as well due to leakage and the stool sitting which caused muscle weakness
Once it went away it came back shortly after and no matter what I did he was still wet and dirty.
Turned out besides for the cosmtipation he had an extremely insensitive stomach to milk and that would cause loose stool on top of the constipation which would leak out.
The day I stopped milk was the day he stopped making constantly. However it took a few months for his muscle strength to get better for him to be healed.
Listen to yourself you know your child better then any doctor

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:22 am
Is he seeing a urologist? That should be your first step.

Do check for constipation before putting him on any bladder medication, because the meds could make the constipation much worse.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:32 am
My 6 ds had same issue. Took him to urologist who put him on ditropan. (After ruling out constipation by GI) it has bh reduced accidents alot

sarahmalka

Post Sun, Feb 09 2020, 6:41 am
Most common causes of bedwetting/accidents in a child previously trained are constipation and food allergies/ sensitivities.
Also you mentioned frequent urination, if there's also been increased thirst get your child checked for diabetes ASAP. Even more so if recent weight loss.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics